New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting.

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
60163tornado

Spotter Watch Member : no

Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Vide
PostSubject: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-04, 12:33

I will start with Warton

TSR2 first MRCA XX946 Jaguar International

AN 12 Indian Airforce AN 2 AN22 Cock AN124 Interestingly a AN 124 is due in at Warton .2.2.09 to collect. IAF Sea Harrier frame/Fuselage.

Iranian Air Force IL76 bringing IAF SeaHarrier An Indian AF Sea Harrier

Shackleton, Hastings, Belfast, Argosy.

F111 EF111 F4s F104s C5 Galaxy delivering classified cargo Guppy, Super Guppy.

VFW 614 only 3 in existence at the time Hansa jet

majority of trials aircraft from Bedford Farnborough Boscombe Down.

Last edited by 60163tornado on 2009-02-01, 04:21; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jaguargr1

jaguargr1

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-04, 12:53

Italian AF Expeditor at Deci in 1979.
Back to top Go down
JG71
Admin
Admin
JG71

PostSubject: Rare aircraft seen Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-04, 13:00

If i go back a long way.I would look at it this way

1.A Venezualan Canberra in storage at BAE Bracebrige Heath in 1979,whist doing my work experience.

2.A OV-1D at Waddington mid 70's

3 A C-130B seen very low level Bunyan near Kayseri Turkey 1985.This said aircraft was natural metal scheme from 22 Filo and was in formation with 2 others.An awesome site.But no camera.
Back to top Go down
http://www.j79photography.webs.com
Jenky

Jenky

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-04, 13:05

60163tornado wrote:
I will start with Warton

Iranian Air Force IL76 bringing IAF SeaHarrier

Wasn't it a Indian AF IL76 :?:
Back to top Go down
lowlevel

lowlevel

PostSubject: Rarest aircraft whilst spotting Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-04, 13:56

Malaysian A4 Skyhawk's at Mildenhall..transitting in the early 1980s.
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-04, 14:03

lowlevel wrote:
Malaysian A4 Skyhawk's at Mildenhall..transitting in the early 1980s.

How about 2 x Bolivian AF T-29's at the 'hall in 1972 !!!!

Mike
Back to top Go down
60163tornado

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-05, 04:02

Jenky wrote:
60163tornado wrote:
I will start with Warton

Iranian Air Force IL76 bringing IAF SeaHarrier

Wasn't it a Indian AF IL76 :?:
My video show it to be a green and white Iraniun IL76 I didnt collect reg nos
but I still have the video/DVD.
Back to top Go down
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-05, 05:32

Indian Navy Constellation @ Lossie in mid 1970s. (I think April 1975)
Back to top Go down
sojo44

sojo44

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-05, 13:44

Greek air force dc-3 around 78 in corfu just skipping over the trees whilst waking down to the beech it was that low nailed the reg of the tail after a short jog to get a side on view 8) the couple i was with where studden they thought i was mad :evil:
also a few f4 low level over the sea awesome site :D
Back to top Go down
http://www.n097.co.uk
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-05, 16:18

There were some great delivery routings through Lossie in the seventies, I remember F-5s of various nationalities (Moroccan springs to mind) plus others.

Danish Catalina, Canadian Arguses at Kinloss in mid-seventies.

Indian AF B-24 Liberator at RAT Greenham Common on delivery to RAF Museum in mid-seventies.

Ka25 Hormones seen on deck of the Soviet Helicopter Cruiser Moskva seen from Nimrod on overfly.
Back to top Go down
Unknown

PostSubject: My Rarest.......... Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-06, 02:00

US Air Force VC-135 26000 and Moroccan Government B.707 at Edinburgh same Day I think it was Late 80s/ Early 90s. Some sight.
Back to top Go down
Flying figgis

Flying figgis

Spotter Watch Member : Yes I am!

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-06, 02:11

French Navy F8 x 2 buzzed my campsite in France one summers morning in 1993!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.yourstressmanager.co.uk
Tigercat

Tigercat

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-06, 06:54

A US Navy NKC135A and a pair of US Navy ERA3B Skywarriors at Coningsby in the mid 80s, on a Sunday.

A Lightning F3 flying with no bellytank at Binbrook.

A lightning F6 Flying in yellow primer paint at Binbrook.

A USAF B57 Canberra Vermont ANG at Binbrook.
Back to top Go down
Trembler1

Trembler1

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-06, 14:30

remember seeing the space shuttle piggy backing the 747 over Manchester in 83!
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-06, 14:47

8 Peruvian AF An-26's (on delivery) with a Peruvian AF C130 at Prestwick in 1978.

Mike

Last edited by Flaps on 2009-06-05, 13:06; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
madhatters 492

madhatters 492

Location : Benthall ,Shropshire (on the edge of the Lichfield corridor) and within LFA 9 Home of the DHFS

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-06, 15:14

Trembler1 wrote:
remember seeing the space shuttle piggy backing the 747 over Manchester in 83!

I remember seeing that as well, twice the same day once when getting ready for school then again later on when at school :D
Back to top Go down
madhatters 492

madhatters 492

Location : Benthall ,Shropshire (on the edge of the Lichfield corridor) and within LFA 9 Home of the DHFS

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-06, 15:22

40612 wrote:
8 Peruvian AF An-26's (on delivery) with a Peruvian AF C130 at Prestwick in 1977.

Mike :bounce:

Thats just showing off lol! Wish i had the chance to see some of the planes you guys have seen over the years, i was born to late.

Would have loved to have seen the usafe cold war era stuff, as well as all the raf planes that have long gone out of service Crying
Back to top Go down
B767 Captain

B767 Captain

Spotter Watch Member : yes

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-06, 15:46

Indian AF AN12 going into Warton sometime in the mid-80's.

2x CF-104's also going into Warton.

Ital.AF C-130 landing at ..... Warton.

A USAF C-135(?) from an USAF Test Wing landing at ... Warton.

A Libyan AF C-130 very,very low over the sea, approx. 20 miles SW of Malaga.

A few Argentinian, Indian, Equadorean & Venezuelan AF Canberra bombers parked next to the road at BAe Salmesbury.

A modified P-3 Orion with an AWACS-style roof-mounted radome on the military ramp at Lima, Peru.

A few Sukhoi's & EE Canberra bombers at Pisco AB, Peru/Chilean border.

Ex-Bulgarian & East German AF SU25's (still with national flags on tails) flying out of Sana, Yemen.

Phillipines AF C-130 on ramp at Dubai.

USAF C-130 at Liverpool. Arrived from US' turned around, re-fuelled & returned to US' within an hour.

A pair of RuAF T-160 BlackJacks over the Caribbean.

A RuAF T-95 on the ground in Cabinda, Angola.

A pair of B1's parked up at the maintenance area at NY JFK airport.

I R I A F F-14's & Su24's Mehrabad Airport, Tehran.

An RAF VC-10 & 2x Harrier GR3's at Patrick AFB, Florida.

And lots of other stuff from my 'office window' over the years.

:)
Back to top Go down
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-06, 16:29

madhatters 492 wrote:

Would have loved to have seen the usafe cold war era stuff, as well as all the raf planes that have long gone out of service Crying

Now you're talking - being a bit of an old fart myself, I do remember some rather nice goodies both British and otherwise. Although a Jock, I spent my childhood between Moray (Lossie/Kinloss) and Oxfordshire, fairly close to Abingdon, Benson, Brize Norton and Upper Heyford.

I remember when Brize was USAF - B47s, B-52s on TDY, KC-97s, C-133s, C-124s etc.; Upper Heyford - RF-101s, F-100s, HH-43s, C-54s, C-118s, T-29s, C-47s etc.; Benson/Abingdon - Argosy, Hastings, Beverly, Lots of Varsitys from Gaydon.

I was at the Fifty Years of the RAF display at Abingdon in 1968, and various Heyford Open Houses in the sixties.

Lossiemouth and Kinloss were also pretty good for old stuff. Kinloss was then a Shack base with visiting Argus, P-2, early P-3, Catalina and other NATO maritime types. Lossie was still RN, based/visiting FAA aircraft included Hunter, Buccaneer, Sea Venom, Vampire, Sea Price, Piston Whirlwind, Sea Vixen, Gannet, and loads of exotic visitors.

I better go to bed before I get too carried away.
Back to top Go down
andyxh558

andyxh558

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-06, 17:18

3 Spanish Air force mirage F1s at malaga airport with a Chinook.
and in the late 70s, a then royal Iranian air force kc707 which had been impounded at Manchester airport.
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-07, 04:24

madhatters 492 wrote:
40612 wrote:
8 Peruvian AF An-26's (on delivery) with a Peruvian AF C130 at Prestwick in 1977.

Mike :bounce:

Thats just showing off lol! Wish i had the chance to see some of the planes you guys have seen over the years, i was born to late.

3 Kuwait AF A-4 Skyhawks at Prestwick 2 days later ! (It was 1978,BTW)
Back to top Go down
60163tornado

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-07, 11:38

I once saw a B2 at Warton not the one manufactured by Northrop. I believe its hangared at Brough at the moment.

I have a question for the older members of the forum in the 1970s a french aircraft
which was twin engined with a huge wingspan was stationed at Blackpool for a couple of weeks but also visited Warton it had a double barrelled name I cannot remember the first name but the second word was similar to dubloise anybody got any ideas?. (HD 34 Hurel Dubois)

Prior to 1964 I lived in Shropshire about a mile from Sleap which was active with Avro Ansons and the occasional Wx flight which were either Lincolns or Moskitos.

My main base was RAF Shawbury around the perimeter were between 6 or 8 Blackburn Beverleys which were in open storage. The daily flying consisted of vampires venoms and varsity vallettas and occasionally Hastings pembrokes.

Last edited by 60163tornado on 2009-01-07, 12:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A380FWWOW

A380FWWOW

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-08, 04:20

I think my rarest would have to be the An225 when it visited East Midlands in 2007!
Back to top Go down
60163tornado

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-08, 05:16

two more to add to the list The Flying Flea at Cumbria Museum, and The Wren.

Anybody recall the occasion when a Boeing 707 on hire to a Test Pilots School not

ETPS came to Warton and did a number of approaches I think it was called Eagle or

something similar.

One August Bank Holiday afternoon a B52 did some approaches on 08.

Of course in the old days 1970s F111s regularly flew into Warton with bird strikes

and always parked at the gun butts.
Back to top Go down
sojo44

sojo44

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty2009-01-08, 14:57

andyxh558 wrote:

and in the late 70s, a then royal Iranian air force kc707 which had been impounded at Manchester airport.

:D ar yes forgot about them from around 72 when i started spotting to the late think around 6 made visit to Manchester :D will have to get the books out :x Roll Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.n097.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting. Empty

Back to top Go down

Rarest Aircraft seen whilst spotting.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 6 Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Fighter Control Information :: Other Military Aviation related matter -