New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christmas Day at Waddo

View previous topic View next topic Go down
vulcanone

vulcanone

Spotter Watch Member : Not yet

Christmas Day at Waddo Vide
PostSubject: Christmas Day at Waddo Christmas Day at Waddo Empty2008-12-27, 04:07

I have only just got round to this, but there was a RAF Sea King flying around on Christmas day (about 12:10) and it came over Branston heading for Waddo. I suspect the mention over on MSF of one near Gainsborough was the same one??

Any ideas?

It was still a nice sight on xmas day anyway. :D

Tim
Back to top Go down
JagMadAndy

JagMadAndy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Day at Waddo Christmas Day at Waddo Empty2008-12-27, 06:54

Ah yes, I saw it to it came straight over the top my house and it looked as if it was going to land at Waddo, don't know if it did though. :?: Not sure on what it was up to either. I think it may have come from Leconfield in Yorkshire. Hope thats of some help.
It was a nice treat, the last thing i thought i would see on christmas day!

Andy :)
Back to top Go down
bozpod

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Christmas Day at Waddo Christmas Day at Waddo Empty2008-12-27, 08:09

Hi Guys

If you have a look in the Overhead/OTT section I think you'll find a bit more about your Sea King, under the title of Rescue ??

Happy New Year

Bozpod
Back to top Go down
shane

shane

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Day at Waddo Christmas Day at Waddo Empty2008-12-27, 08:32

hi all, it had Santa hangin out of it wavin to everyone.
Back to top Go down
AKS2364

Spotter Watch Member : YES

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Day at Waddo Christmas Day at Waddo Empty2008-12-28, 12:59

I put it on MSF and got a reply saying it was XZ595.

Andy
Back to top Go down
vulcanone

vulcanone

Spotter Watch Member : Not yet

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Day at Waddo Christmas Day at Waddo Empty2008-12-29, 03:35

Thanks for your replies chaps

It was a nice sight on Xmas day.

Tim
Back to top Go down
flyingwarden

flyingwarden

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Day at Waddo Christmas Day at Waddo Empty2008-12-31, 11:33

I saw a chopper over Gainsborough after dark, my first thoughts were a Sea King, but it had a search light like on the police choppers, so I put it down to Humbersides chopper. Thanks for the confirmation of a Sea King though, much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
F4NRS

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Day at Waddo Christmas Day at Waddo Empty2009-01-05, 05:29

Indeed it was as it was I who replied on MSF, definatley XZ595 as it was at Santa height and was easily readbale by the naked eye.

Regards
Nigel
F4NRS
Back to top Go down
http://www.navies.org.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Day at Waddo Christmas Day at Waddo Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Day at Waddo

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Midlands :: RAF Waddington -