New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Second body

View previous topic View next topic Go down
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

Spotter Watch Member : No

Second body Vide
PostSubject: Second body Second body Empty2009-09-30, 12:45

At present, I use a year-old EOS 40D as my primary body, with my trusty and long-serving EOS D30 (2001 vintage 3.5Mp) as backup.

I'm toying with buying a second body not so much as a back-up as an alternative to my EOS 40D which I love, partially to avoid so many lens changes thus keeping the 100-400mm IS as much as possible on a body.

I've looked at the following APS-C bodies

• 400D (second hand) - possible but unlikely unless I found an almost un-used example
  • 450D - Possibility
  • 500D - Possibility
  • 50D - I'm happy with my 40D
  • 7D - way beyond my budget unfortunately

Has anyone owned both the 450D and 500D - does anyone have a 500D as I haven't heard much mention of them here - opinions/comments? The 500D is a hot contender as the body-only price is now sub-£500 if you shop around, so under £600 with grip.
Back to top Go down
LTFT5

LTFT5

Second body Vide
PostSubject: Re: Second body Second body Empty2009-10-01, 05:10

The 450D is a far better camera than the 500D and can be picked up new for £438 from warehouse express. The 450D is a very good camera and you will not notice any difference in your shots to your 40D. If anything I think the 450D gives better colour saturation that the 40D. I am sure you can pick up a body only for less than £438 with a bit of internet searching. All just my opinion of course.

Andy
Back to top Go down
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

Spotter Watch Member : No

Second body Vide
PostSubject: Re: Second body Second body Empty2009-10-01, 05:59

Thanks for your reply - on what basis do you state that the EOS 500D is far better than the EOS 450D? Surely the 500D is supposed to be an improvement on the 450D, although I'm aware that opinions on this differ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Second body Vide
PostSubject: Re: Second body Second body Empty

Back to top Go down

Second body

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Photography & Art :: Photography Discussion -