New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

(Photo)Scanner issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Slip21

Spotter Watch Member : No

(Photo)Scanner issues Vide
PostSubject: (Photo)Scanner issues (Photo)Scanner issues Empty2009-09-28, 14:17

I hope that someone may be able to offer some advice or help.
I recently updated my old 'steam powered' PC with a new system from PC World. I'm generally pleased with it, particularly that I now have above sufficient storage for new pics. I had started to scan my K25/K64 slide collection of 35 years to my old PC with a Canon 8000F scanner that I purchased (also from PC World) about 3 years ago.
I have tried to load the driver's for the 8000F from Canon's site but it would seem that it is not compatible with VISTA 64bit as preloaded in the new system.
I'm not really a technofobe with PC's but I feel really frustrated that I have some reasonable kit around me and can't achieve what I really want - just to bring my old Lightnings, Phantoms and Starfighters back to life!
Can anyone offer any advice ? (Photo)Scanner issues 809599
Cheers guys
Slip21 (Keith)
Back to top Go down
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

Spotter Watch Member : No

(Photo)Scanner issues Vide
PostSubject: Re: (Photo)Scanner issues (Photo)Scanner issues Empty2009-09-28, 15:03

Most software seems to be designed for XP and Vista 32 bit - it might be worth contacting Canon tech support to see what they have to say.

Have you actually tried loading the software or just been put off by the system requirements?
Back to top Go down

(Photo)Scanner issues

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Fighter Control Information :: Technical -