New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
awacsfan

awacsfan

Spotter Watch Member : No

Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Vide
PostSubject: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-22, 06:01

This morning I came across an old 1/72 scale Monogram B-52 kit, which was purchased in the late 80s and already partially started back then. Since I now have plenty of spare time on my hand, I decided to give it a go, once I have all the necessary "tools" (glue, paint, decals, etc.) together, which will take me a while due to limited mobility right now.

I don't want to make it a too fancy job, but am looking for a decal set which includes the walkway stripes as I have no intention of painting those by hand.

Does anybody has any idea where to find 1/72 scale decals for a B-52? I've already tried various places over here, but to no avail.

Thanks for the assist,
cheers

Andy
Back to top Go down
viper3111

viper3111

Spotter Watch Member : nope

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-22, 06:20

Hannants.co.uk have got a set of 4 trials aircraft serials 2001,020003,60632,80182. these are by alamark, product number AKS17. They are only 2.68 but they are limited availability
Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-22, 07:16

As Shaun says, your best bet is typing B-52 into the search engine on the Hannants site. I doubt if you'll find any walkways for the B-52 though. You could make 'em yourself though either by some very careful masking with tape, or by getting a sheet of plain decal stripes which you could cut to fit as necessary. Hannants should be able to sort you out on those too!

You have a pretty good kit there. The Monogram kit is old but once it's cleaned-up it's a very good kit and arguably rather better than the much more recent Ertl kit. It also represents the earlier B-52 model - a "real" B-52!
Smile
Back to top Go down
viper3111

viper3111

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-22, 07:54

Ive just been on aviationmegastore.com and they have got 3 set's, the first is eagle strike 93rd bomb group, plus 2 almark sets. It says there are only 2 sets of the eagle strike decals left, sadly there is no picture but check them out at eaglestrikeproductions.com and tap in b-52 in the search bar. This is a b-52h but aviation megastore has a conversion to a 'H' plus other b-52 realted gubbins.
Hope this helps a bit more
Back to top Go down
awacsfan

awacsfan

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-22, 11:56

Thank you both for the fast and interesting information and for steering me into the right direction.

I've checked out all websites and mentioned decal sets - unfortunately none offer the walkway stripes. In the meantime I have found a German distributor for "racing stripes" on model and rc-controlled model cars who offers various stripes and plain black decal sheets.

A conversion to an "H" model is tempting, but since I'm an absolute beginner (again) I'd rather try to stick to the "out of the box" model for now and try to low-cost approach first.

I most certainly do appreciate your informative and detailed replies! I hopeto be able to post pictures of the finished model in due time here.

Cheers

Andy
Back to top Go down
viper3111

viper3111

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-23, 00:14

I hope it goes well, it will certanly make an impressive model whatever color scheme you choose.
Back to top Go down
Sparts99

Sparts99

PostSubject: Anyone making a 1/48 Jaguar in the near future ? Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-23, 02:45

Bit of life laundry going on, I've found an Xtradecal sheet for Andy Cubin's black 16 Sqn display Jaguar from 1994. I'll never get round to using them so free to a good home, first one to PM me their address on condition we see pics of the finished model here. The sheet has been kept flat and dry in the dark, on close inspection I think the registration of the yellow on the roundels might be slightly off.
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-23, 02:53

I have a Jaguar planned but mine will be a twin-seater in MoD(PE) markings! Generous offer though!
Back to top Go down
Gulfsierra 51

PostSubject: 11 Squadron Fuselage Markings Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-23, 05:15

Don't suppose anyone's got a pair kicking around in the decal spares box in 1/72 for a Tornado F3 please?
Used mine on a grotty Hobbyboss typhoon.....doh Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps 657959
Back to top Go down
viper3111

viper3111

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-23, 08:35

Sorry, thats one thing I havnt got in my stash, hannants have got a cracking selection of decals for tornados though.
Back to top Go down
Gulfsierra 51

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-23, 11:58

Cheers Shaun.
got boat loads of tornado decals but after using them on the tiffie i've now deceided to do the 11 sqn EF3. Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps 345990
Didn't want to buy a sheet just for the bars.
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-24, 03:19

Managed to find one in the spares box! What do you need? Just the fin eagle markings and the fuselage black/yellow bars?

PM me anyways if you still need 'em.
Back to top Go down
Gulfsierra 51

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-24, 06:31

Cheers Sheff,PM sent.
Back to top Go down
viper3111

viper3111

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-24, 07:18

If anyone is interested, when having a rummage through my decals box for other people I found a complete set of microscale 1/72 scale decals for an F-16 "Thunderbirds". There is a choice of 7 aircraft. If you have anything to swap (I build 1/48 and 1/32) Especialy bottisham 361st Fg mustangs, anything with a local conection to me in Ely, Cambs (eg waterbeach hunters, lakenheath aircraft etc, etc) or anything as long as its a complete sheet will be excelent. then please pm me
Back to top Go down
JG71
Admin
Admin
JG71

PostSubject: F-16B/D CANOPY Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-24, 08:51

I have an old 1/48th scale Hasegawa F16B and an amazing decal sheet to do the F-16B from Norway that attended the Tiger Meet at Bodo.The trouble is that i bought the kit very cheap at a £5,due to the rareness of the kit these days.

Now the problem no canopy.i hope and pray that someone has one as there is no Vacform available.

So heres wishing.

Jim.
Back to top Go down
http://www.j79photography.webs.com
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-24, 11:37

Fraid I've drawn a blank. I was sure I had one but all I've come up with is four single-seat canopies - one smoked and three clear. So unless you've got the extra fuselage bit to make it into a single seater... Smile
Back to top Go down
beer monster

beer monster

PostSubject: Martin Mariner Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-26, 13:50

Just been given this half finished Mariner, I dont have any decals or instruction's..!

Tried Hannant's for decals but no luck there..in fact no luck anywhere..!!!

It's dimensions are 13" long by 18" span so I'm guessing '72nd scale..

Any help welcome as I quite like this and wouldn't mind finishing it, I think I'll have to study some photos

and buy stars n bars etc ..!!

Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Picture367

Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Picture366

Last edited by beer monster on 2009-09-26, 17:33; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://markgraham1@hotmail.com
viper3111

viper3111

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-26, 14:24

No luck with the mariner Im afraid but I have been studying the mach 3 kits decal sheet and they are very similar to a privateer set Ive got. You are more than welcome to them and if you are interested I can throw in some diferent stars and bars, have you got numbers etc? Pm me if you want them
Back to top Go down
SimboWales

SimboWales

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-26, 15:51

Beer Monster,I don`t think you have a kit of a Martin Mariner mate ,I think it is a 1/72 scale kit of a Russian flying boat called a Beriev BE6 code name Madge which was issued by one of the Russian manufacturers either VEB or Playcraft way back in the 1980`s.
Here is a Chinese copy of one (the original not the kit !)

www.panoramio.com/photos/original/2712123.jpg

Simbo.
Back to top Go down
beer monster

beer monster

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-26, 15:57

Cheers for the photo Simbo,, yours looks similar but it's definately a Mariner !
SimboWales wrote:
Beer Monster,I don`t think you have a kit of a Martin Mariner mate ,I think it is a 1/72 scale kit of a Russian flying boat called a Beriev BE6 code name Madge which was issued by one of the Russian manufacturers either VEB or Playcraft way back in the 1980`s.
Here is a Chinese copy of one (the original not the kit !)

www.panoramio.com/photos/original/2712123.jpg

Simbo.
Back to top Go down
SimboWales

SimboWales

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-26, 16:02

Oh well mate if you think so. The vertical twin tails/rudders are a totaly different shape to be a Mariner,and they don`t angle in.
Simbo
Back to top Go down
beer monster

beer monster

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-26, 16:12

Cheers mate but I Googled it and the photo's looked just the same as what I have here..with the tail plane

having plenty of dihedral to it...!
Back to top Go down
SimboWales

SimboWales

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-26, 16:25

We will just have to agree to disagree then !!

Simbo
Back to top Go down
SimboWales

SimboWales

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-26, 16:27

Just found these mate,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1%2F72-Beriev-Be-6-floatplane-by-VEB-Plasticart-VINTAGE_W0QQitemZ260478630721QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090918?IMSfp=TL090918196001r32536

And

http://www.kitreview.com/reviews/pbmmarinerreviewcedw_1.htm

which is the review of the only 1/72 Mariner kit.

Simbo
Back to top Go down
beer monster

beer monster

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty2009-09-26, 16:34

To be honest mate,, I believe I owe you an apologie, having seen that it does look indeed like the BE-6..!
Many thanks
I was convinced it was the Mariner!
SimboWales wrote:
Just found these mate,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1%2F72-Beriev-Be-6-floatplane-by-VEB-Plasticart-VINTAGE_W0QQitemZ260478630721QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090918?IMSfp=TL090918196001r32536

And

http://www.kitreview.com/reviews/pbmmarinerreviewcedw_1.htm

which is the review of the only 1/72 Mariner kit.

Simbo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps Empty

Back to top Go down

Spares,Requests for Parts,Swaps

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Flight Sim & Modelling Section :: Modelling -