New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Southport Airshow 2009 - Info

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Flightline UK

Flightline UK

Southport Airshow 2009  - Info Vide
PostSubject: Southport Airshow 2009 - Info Southport Airshow 2009  - Info Empty2009-09-22, 12:25

This weekend (26th-27th September) sees the annual Southport Airshow along the towns seafront. As in previous years there will be some static and display aircraft using a temporary runway on the sands including helicopters, vintage fly-in and microlights.

Relevant frequencies for the day are as follows:-

Southport Radio : 121.175
Woodvale Approach: 121.000
Woodvale Tower: 119.750
Liverpool Tower: 126.350

The operating bases in use for the weekend are Blackpool, Woodvale and Liverpool with the majority of participants using the latter two. Flying times are 1230-1645 (Saturday) and 1245-1630 (Sunday.)

Red Arrows - Blackpool - 1245 Saturday, 1300 Sunday
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight - Blackpool (Refuel on Saturday only after display)
Typhoon - Liverpool
Hawk - Liverpool
Tutor - Woodvale
King Air - Liverpool
Sea King HAR3 - Valley
Black Cats - Woodvale
Merlin HM1 - Woodvale
Sea Hawk - Liverpool
Seafire - Woodvale (SUNDAY ONLY)
Swift Team - Woodvale and Beach
Team Guinot - Woodvale
Catalina - Liverpool
Blades - Woodvale
Vulcan - Brize Norton

Last edited by Flightline UK on 2009-09-24, 12:26; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Cancellations :()
Back to top Go down
http://www.airshows.org.uk
garethbrum

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Southport Airshow 2009 - Info Southport Airshow 2009  - Info Empty2009-09-22, 15:53

Latest news I was given this morning was that Puma, Sea King HC4 and RAF Merlin had all been cancelled leaving Chinook, RN Merlin and SAR Sea King flying but no static helos.
Back to top Go down
Jenky

Jenky

PostSubject: Re: Southport Airshow 2009 - Info Southport Airshow 2009  - Info Empty2009-09-23, 14:28

Anyone got any times for the displays , inparticular the Typhoon , Kingair & Chinhook both days.
Back to top Go down
garethbrum

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Southport Airshow 2009 - Info Southport Airshow 2009  - Info Empty2009-09-23, 14:56

Chinook has cancelled by all accounts
Back to top Go down
Flightline UK

Flightline UK

PostSubject: Re: Southport Airshow 2009 - Info Southport Airshow 2009  - Info Empty2009-09-24, 12:28

Jenky wrote:
Anyone got any times for the displays , inparticular the Typhoon , Kingair & Chinhook both days.

Suspect following some significant changes to the participation this week that the timings are "fluid" and will probably be changing a fair bit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airshows.org.uk
waddojohn

waddojohn

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Never been to Southport Southport Airshow 2009  - Info Empty2009-09-25, 03:50

Hi Guys,
Never been to Southport show before, I guess it will be packed, how far does the parking restrictions stretch on the coast roads. And wheres the best places to View?

Cheers

Might bring a bit of pleasure for me as its been a really bad year so far.
Back to top Go down
Beefsteak

Beefsteak

PostSubject: Re: Southport Airshow 2009 - Info Southport Airshow 2009  - Info Empty2009-09-25, 04:09

waddojohn wrote:
Hi Guys,
Never been to Southport show before, I guess it will be packed, how far does the parking restrictions stretch on the coast roads. And wheres the best places to View?

Cheers

Might bring a bit of pleasure for me as its been a really bad year so far.

I tend to sit on the prom wall, (Still plenty of good photos to be had from here) about 400 yards down from the Pier. I am not taking my car this year as it's £6 to park , I'm getting the train in from Chester (£4.40 return, no brainer really!!!) It might be in your interest to park at or near a Mersey rail station and go in on the train!!
I also parked in the street there a couple of years back and came back to the car to find that they had come along and put cones and parking restrictions in place after I had parked, and given me an effing ticket.!!!! Both the wife and I had checked it was o.k. to park there (Or else we wouldn't have parked, but my appeal was ignored and I still had to pay up)
Back to top Go down
waddojohn

waddojohn

PostSubject: Re: Southport Airshow 2009 - Info Southport Airshow 2009  - Info Empty2009-09-25, 04:44

Cheers Beefsteak,
So is the Pier the centre of the display. I was going to go on the Saturday, but the Vulcan is only flying on the Sunday.

Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Beefsteak

Beefsteak

PostSubject: Re: Southport Airshow 2009 - Info Southport Airshow 2009  - Info Empty2009-09-25, 05:43

The pier is more or less the Northern end of the display line, and any 'ground activity' usually takes place straight in front of my perch , get there early though, I have the problem of going on my own this year (Without the wife and kids) and therefore no one to save my seat, and them Scousers have got eyes like 541t house rats where an empty space is concerened!!!............LOL Southport Airshow 2009  - Info 294955 Southport Airshow 2009  - Info 294955
Back to top Go down
Roughcutter

Roughcutter

PostSubject: Re: Southport Airshow 2009 - Info Southport Airshow 2009  - Info Empty2009-09-25, 10:03

Beefsteak wrote:
and them Scousers have got eyes like 541t house rats where an empty space is concerened!!!............LOL Southport Airshow 2009  - Info 294955 Southport Airshow 2009  - Info 294955

Bloody right there lah, yer better get down there good an' early then! Southport Airshow 2009  - Info 698488
Back to top Go down
Beefsteak

Beefsteak

PostSubject: Re: Southport Airshow 2009 - Info Southport Airshow 2009  - Info Empty2009-09-25, 10:27

We've got that "Show us your worst" thread going , I've got hundreds of last years Soutport with the same scousers head popping into most shots, Even though we were at the top of the slope and there was nobody infront of him to block his view, he still insisted on jumping to his feet everytime there was the slightest chance anything was happening and ruining it for all of us behind him (My two little kids included!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southport Airshow 2009 - Info Southport Airshow 2009  - Info Empty

Back to top Go down

Southport Airshow 2009 - Info

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Airshows :: Airshows -