New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Grossetto AB, Pisa

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

Spotter Watch Member : No

Grossetto AB, Pisa Vide
PostSubject: Grossetto AB, Pisa Grossetto AB, Pisa Empty2009-09-21, 02:58

Although no serials noted... some people might be interested in what was seen....
Noted at Pisa/Grossetto on the 13th September was 9 x G-222's in mothball status (some had engines missing) and 3 other G-222's which looked to be active?.
7 x C-130J's noted on the flight line and also what looked like a Piaggio prop aircraft.
2 x Canadair firebombers took off to fight fires in the hills NE of Pisa.

On the 20th September, 11 x C-130J's were on the flightline and the same G-222's noted.

Flying over Tuscany and our villa near Bibbienna during the week were:-
1 x AB-412 in and out of the fog in the very early morning... could make out a blue fuselage with white writing, possibly an Italian Police helicopter?
4 x Typhoons at around 5,000ft doing combat manoeuvres to my north.
1 x Unidentified jet, looked like an F-16 but it was too high to get a look.
2 x Typhoons vapour trailing and shifting heading NW towards the Alps. Wingman was manoeuvering left and right making a lovely trail behind his lead aircraft.
3 x C-130J's heading towards Pisa from Rimini direction.
What looked like a USAF KC-135R heading south towards the Med Sea
What looked like an RAF VC-10 heading south towards Cyprus?

It's just a shame the helicopter was in the fog and everything else was high up or too far away to get photos.

Apparently i had just missed by two days our complex lake being used by fire fighting helicopters and walking up to it, it was half empty so they must have used it extensively... i was gutted.
Back to top Go down

Grossetto AB, Pisa

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Rest of the World :: Rest of the World -