New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Recommend book for spotters - The Cloud Collectors Handbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Dan D'Air

Dan D'Air

Recommend book for spotters - The Cloud Collectors Handbook Vide
PostSubject: Recommend book for spotters - The Cloud Collectors Handbook Recommend book for spotters - The Cloud Collectors Handbook Empty2009-09-16, 14:20

The Cloud Collectors Handbook by Gavin Pretor-Pinney would be an ideal pressie for a spotter.
As we are always gazing skywards, this book would help to fill the time during/between plane spotting. The book is about A5 size (a bit smaller) and fits into the pocket easily and is hard backed. It is laid out similar to an I spy book, but far superior in information and quality, (if anybody remembers them!) and the object of the book is to spot different cloud formations, to win points! A superb brief explanation of every cloud imaginable is given.
Christmas is just around the corner!
Check Amazon for details or your local book shop. Waterstones failed to get me one but Amazon was far cheaper and delivered free in 72 hours.
Back to top Go down
Ben Montgomery
Ben Montgomery

Spotter Watch Member : No

Recommend book for spotters - The Cloud Collectors Handbook Vide
PostSubject: Re: Recommend book for spotters - The Cloud Collectors Handbook Recommend book for spotters - The Cloud Collectors Handbook Empty2009-09-17, 06:55

Being a bit optimistic there! Most of the time its just solid grey! Recommend book for spotters - The Cloud Collectors Handbook 333264

That said, it is a good book full of interesting facts - my dad has a copy, but I have yet to take it with me spotting!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ramaphotography.co.uk

Recommend book for spotters - The Cloud Collectors Handbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Military Aviation Books :: Books -