New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sweating over the next 14 days

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
IanAstles
Photo of the Month Winner
Photo of the Month Winner
IanAstles

Spotter Watch Member : No

Sweating over the next 14 days - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Sweating over the next 14 days Sweating over the next 14 days - Page 2 Empty2009-09-11, 12:01

Headset what offences can you have your car taken from you, im just curious Sweating over the next 14 days - Page 2 294955 I suspect it will be no insurance or tax etc?

Ian
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianastles
thebluebeard

thebluebeard

PostSubject: Re: Sweating over the next 14 days Sweating over the next 14 days - Page 2 Empty2009-09-14, 09:59

Slower drivers may be said to a possible contribution to accidents.
However it is usually the actions of reckless drivers who have tried to overtake these drivers, at inappropriate speeds and without taking the care they should when overtaking.
We are each resposnsible for our own actions
There have been sucessful trials on sections of the M25 when lower speed limits have been set in an effort to get all drivers at roughly the same speed.
This has gone someway to prevent bunching and accidents, from faster traffic arriving at slower traffic.

I am concerned that major haulage companies insist that their drivers adhere to the limits set by the type of vehicle they are in and the roads they are on. In my opinion limits for such vehicles should be raised to help the flow of traffic and lessen the risk of frustrated drivers overtaking recklessly.
Above all else - take your time and plan your overtake.

We all know nowadays that hurtling about the countryside doesn't gain you that much time anyway. High speeds that can be maintained for sometime, are for emergency services, that does gain them time where it matters. It doesnt matter to us mortals. Reckless driving and even more reckless discussions are not good for the blood pressure.

If you get caught speeding or driving dangerously- then hard luck..... You will get a ticket. If you continue to speed and drive dangerously then the chances are you won't get a ticket, because they don't bother sending them to you when you are dead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lincs2locations.co.uk
sjnovis

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Sweating over the next 14 days Sweating over the next 14 days - Page 2 Empty2009-09-14, 10:37

The car drivers I do not like are the one who drive at 40 in a 60 zone, but still continue at 40 when they enter a 30 zone.
It seems to happen quite often, several times I've been behind a slow car, as I slow to 30 in the 30 zone, they continue along at 40.

Also, does anyone know why some people insist on driving in the middle lane of a 3 lane motorway, when the inside lane is empty?
Never understood that one.
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Sweating over the next 14 days Sweating over the next 14 days - Page 2 Empty2009-09-14, 10:56

As for part 1 of your post,I have seen that 100's of times and never understood it.Perhaps these drivers are so blind that they can't read the speed-limit signs.I am not joking.

As for part 2,when I was learning to drive(in 1974)I was always told to drive on the left,except when overtaking.
Back to top Go down
headset 57

PostSubject: Re: Sweating over the next 14 days Sweating over the next 14 days - Page 2 Empty2009-09-14, 14:34

IanAstles wrote:
Headset what offences can you have your car taken from you, im just curious Sweating over the next 14 days - Page 2 294955 I suspect it will be no insurance or tax etc?

Ian

What road offences result in vehicle seizure?

The
police have the power to seize a vehicle if it’s being used in an
anti-social manner (causing alarm, harassment or distress). This
includes inconsiderate driving and unauthorised off-road driving of
cars, motorbikes etc.
Police can seize vehicles if drivers don’t have an appropriate licence or insurance.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/documents/ria-serious-organised-bill-1104/seizure-uninsured-vehicle.pdf?view=Binary
Back to top Go down
hawks922

hawks922

PostSubject: Re: Sweating over the next 14 days Sweating over the next 14 days - Page 2 Empty2009-09-15, 00:28

Quote :
Also, does anyone know why some people insist on driving in the middle lane of a 3 lane motorway, when the inside lane is empty?
Never understood that one.

I have never understood that one either, nor do i understand the driver who flashes their lights and tailgate people in the outside lane when the middle lane is clogged. I think we all see a multitude of sins on the road, people talking on mobiles, using the hard shoulder to pass traffic in traffic jams (Seen that 3 times yesterday on the M6) and lane swappers who weave in and out to undertake cars in heavy congested traffic.

There is one driver in the world I really can't stand and that is the one smoking with children in the back of the car, if there was a law I would like to see passed and that is to make it illegal to smoke in a car if there are children passengers (I am not against smokers in fact I am pro smoking let the smokers smoke where ever they like so long as there are considerate to non smokers, because when the revenue from the duty on cigarettes drops the government will try to find somewhere else to get that revenue and you can guess what taxation will be raised for that, but my guess it will be VAT).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweating over the next 14 days Sweating over the next 14 days - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sweating over the next 14 days

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: FC Community :: Non-Aviation Chat -