New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Italleri 1/32 F-86F first look

View previous topic View next topic Go down
viper3111

viper3111

Spotter Watch Member : nope

Italleri 1/32 F-86F first look Vide
PostSubject: Italleri 1/32 F-86F first look Italleri 1/32 F-86F first look Empty2009-09-09, 01:27

Hi all
I have recently bought this kit as I used to have the Hassegawa version, this was a nice kit but it had raised panel lines and the detail wasnt all that good (but it was still a nice kit) When Kinetic issued there offering I got a bit excited as I wanted a decent kit of this subject. Then low and behold Italeri go and put there offering into the shops. On closer inspection it seems to be very similar to the kinetic kit (possibly same mold)
On first look it is a very nicely detailed kit with engraved panel lines, great cockpit detail and a stunning set of decals, with 4 different schemes to choose from. These being ; F-86F 8th FBW col W.B. Wilmot Suwon AFB Korea 1953 ; F-86F L.t James L. Thompson 39th FS Suvon AFB Korea 1953 ; Canadair CL-13 Sabre 2a Aerobrigata Cameri Novara Italy 1958 ; Sabre F4.112 sqd Bruggen Begium 1955. These are printed by cartograf on two huge decal sheets. They seem to be of a good thickness with very fine carrier film.
The kit itself comes on 8 trees including 1 for the clear parts. The instructions are nice and clear with very nice diagrams.
There is a reasonable alinson engine to build and have on show in the aircraft as the tail section comes with a stand to sit on. The flaps are seperate so can be positioned as is the rudder.
The cockpit has some nice detailing and Im sure there will be some upgrade sets coming along sooner or later. As for the armement, the 50 cals can be shown open with ammo shoots.
On looking at the wings and fuselage, the engraved detail is supperb with excelent detail.
This is only a short review as when I build it I will do a propper one.
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: Italleri 1/32 F-86F first look Italleri 1/32 F-86F first look Empty2009-09-09, 03:17

Excellent thanks Shaun.

For those that dont know, Shaun is now the Mod for this modelling section.

Regards

Dunk
Back to top Go down
http://www.vividmule.com
viper3111

viper3111

PostSubject: Re: Italleri 1/32 F-86F first look Italleri 1/32 F-86F first look Empty2009-09-09, 09:57

Dunk wrote:
Excellent thanks Shaun.

For those that dont know, Shaun is now the Mod for this modelling section.

Regards
Dunk

Hi all
I should realy introduce my self, as Dunk says I am the new moderator of the model section.
As you have possibly seen a couple of my planes on the finished kits section I should explain what Im about. I build mainly in 1/48 scale with a few 1/32 mixed in. although saying that I have just been tempted to the smaller side with the new Italeri XB-70 and Monogram RB-36 Peacemaker. I am currently building the hassegawa 1/48 scale QF-86F sabre navy drone. I am using the true details cockpit set wihich is very nicely detailed.Photos to follow.
I intend to do some kit/product reviews and any tips or how to's that I pick up along my way, as a modeler im always finding new and easier ways to do things that I will share on here. If anyone already does any thing that I do and can add any comments or easier ways to do things please share with me and others.
I would at some point like to do some step by step builds but as I work nights they may take there time apperaing on here but I will do my best.
Ive been building for 25 years and I will build any plane which is different, out of the ordinary, has a local conection or just takes my fancy eg I come originaly from Bottisham in cambridgeshire so I have been working my way through the 361st FG P-51's. Ive done 4 to date, 5 if you include the 1/32 Hassegawa P-51 Detroit miss which was flown by Urban Drew. There is a debate whether these planes were blue on top or green, if you have any thing to say on these please start a debate. My mums husband lived in bottisham at the time and he cant recall any blue aircraft but please if any one knows diferent Im always happy to hear.
As I here of any shows or sales eg newarks airboot sale I will post them on here as well, I am intending on going to the IPMS Nationals at telford in November so I hope to report on that.
I would like to see some posts on here and I will help people as and when, If I dont know myself I usualy know how to find things.
Back to top Go down
viper3111

viper3111

PostSubject: Re: Italleri 1/32 F-86F first look Italleri 1/32 F-86F first look Empty2009-09-14, 10:19

Just been on lucky models web site and seen that kinetic have brought out an F-86-F40 extended wing in 1/32 scale. I think that might be another one for the stash.
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Italleri 1/32 F-86F first look Italleri 1/32 F-86F first look Empty2009-09-22, 07:19

I bought myself an Italeri F-86. It is indeed the Kinetic mould and I don't know whether I like it or not! In some respects it's quite good, but I'm not entirely convinced that it's any better than the much older Hasegawa kit. Think it's down to personal choice on this one as there doesn't seem to be much to choose between them really.

Like Shaun I've been meddling with kits for far too long! I started off when I was a kid, so I've been playing with my toy planes for 40 years now and still haven't grown up! My first hideous attempts when I was a kid were the Airfix BAC-111 (yeah it's that old!) and others, plus an Airfix Hercules that my brother built and painted for me!

I used to be an IPMS member in fact I edited their magazine for a while and dragged it out of the dark ages, getting it into an all-colour format. I think it's kinda gone back in quality since then but I left IPMS many years ago, although I'm still good friends with lots of the folks. I edited Scale Models magazine for a while too, then I went to work for Modelaid in Malta. I'd hate to think how much plastic I've bought over the years, and looking in the loft it never gets any better. It's still full of kit boxes, most of which will probably never get built. But these days I take a philosophical view of things and settle for simply buying the kits - and worry about making them (or not) some other time!

I'm getting to grips with a Hasegawa/Revell Phentom at the moment, and then I'll have to get started on a couple of Airfix TSR2's which I want to include in my forthcoming book. Seen as there ain't any operational TSR2's around, I think we'll have to settle for some model-generated images!

Last edited by Sheff on 2009-09-22, 07:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
viper3111

viper3111

PostSubject: Re: Italleri 1/32 F-86F first look Italleri 1/32 F-86F first look Empty2009-09-22, 07:25

Ive just seen that eduard have/are releasing an interior set for the kinetic kit so it should be good for the italeri. There is also the avionix (ex black box) cockpit set which looks quite nice but expensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Italleri 1/32 F-86F first look Italleri 1/32 F-86F first look Empty

Back to top Go down

Italleri 1/32 F-86F first look

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Flight Sim & Modelling Section :: Modelling -