New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

102 minutes that changed the world - WTC

View previous topic View next topic Go down
GOOSE
GOOSE

Spotter Watch Member : No

102 minutes that changed the world - WTC Vide
PostSubject: 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC Empty2009-09-07, 15:19

The immediate aftermath of the strikes on the World Trade Centre.

Anyone watching this or watched it last night?

Harrowing, thought provoking, upsetting.............. a whole host of emotions. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
headset 57

PostSubject: Re: 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC Empty2009-09-07, 15:36

watching now.
Glad they did without a narrator, raw video at its best!.
Back to top Go down
gamecock

gamecock

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC Empty2009-09-07, 15:38

Watched it on More4 a few weeks back. Absolutely gripping and difficult to watch at times, but brilliant television nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
GreenBat

GreenBat

PostSubject: Re: 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC Empty2009-09-07, 15:45

No matter how many times you've seen all these images before, it's still totally shocking 8 years on!
Back to top Go down
Beefsteak

Beefsteak

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC Empty2009-09-07, 16:56

Taped it and about to watch (Just thought I'd have a few more minutes on here after watching the second part of waking the dead and last Thursdays final part of New tricks!!)
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC Empty2009-09-08, 04:54

Watched both documentaries over the two nights.

I can remember where I was and what I was doing on that day 8 years ago, and last nights programme was very daunting seeing it from ground level.

I actually worked with a survivor of tower 2 who worked on the 78th floor when I worked at AT&T.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
Blackcat1

Blackcat1

PostSubject: twin towers 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC Empty2009-09-08, 10:24

Watched it last night, still shocking to watch after 8 years, those terrorists were pure evil!!!
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC Empty2009-09-11, 16:08

Watching it now...
Those fireman, paramedics and police officers are real heros...
I counted the number of fire engine crews in the second tower (first one to collapse) and it was 40+
Back to top Go down
Blackcat1

Blackcat1

PostSubject: heroes 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC Empty2009-09-17, 13:04

Brave brave souls. An inspiration!!!
Back to top Go down
sjnovis

PostSubject: Re: 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC Empty2009-09-18, 09:13

One of the images that will stick with me forever is the photo of the Firemen going up the stairs as the buildings were being evavuated.

Like Streethawk, I have perfect recolition of where I was, when I first heard.
Back to top Go down
Dazza

Dazza

PostSubject: Re: 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC Empty2009-09-18, 14:15

I missed this but as some of the others have already said there are images of it that will stay with me forever and i can still remember where i was and what i was doing when it happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC 102 minutes that changed the world - WTC Empty

Back to top Go down

102 minutes that changed the world - WTC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: FC Community :: Non-Aviation Chat -