New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses

View previous topic View next topic Go down
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

Spotter Watch Member : No

Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Vide
PostSubject: Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Empty2009-09-01, 01:02

See detailed reports here on DP Review.com

Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Threeqarters_001

The Canon EOS 7D is packed with new features:

• 18 MP APS–C CMOS Sensor
    Designed and manufactured by Canon, the sensor produces an outstanding image and offers fantastic performance at high and low conditions, thanks to a new photodiode and microlens construction.
  • 8 fps image capture
    Enabled by the Dual “DIGIC 4” processors and improved electrical system, photographers can capture images at 8fps, without the need for additional accessories and in all file types.
  • ISO Range
    The EOS 7D enables photographers to capture subjects in their natural light. The ISO range (100 – 6,400) is expandable to 12,800.
  • EOS Movie
    With improved operation, making it easy to switch directly to movie mode, it is now even simpler to shoot Full HD video. Users can set exposure and frame rate – with options for 24 fps to create that cinematic feel.
  • Dual “DIGIC 4” processors
    By utilising Dual “DIGIC 4” processors, users of the EOS 7D never have to compromise between shooting speed, image quality and ISO performance.
  • Impressive Design
    Canon has listened to photographer feedback when designing the body, as well as the internal technologies. A magnesium alloy body offers environmental protection – the tough, lightweight construction is designed to defend against moisture, and dust – equivalent to the legendary EOS–1N.

The camera is compatible with a wide range of accessories so it can easily be integrated with a photographer’s workflow. The Wireless File Transmitter (WFT-E5) allows extensive camera control via a web browser – allowing photographers to control the camera using a web-enabled mobile device.

Lenses:

Canon EF 100mm F2.8L USM Macro with Hybrid IS

Canon launches 15-85mm and 18-135mm EF-S lenses
Back to top Go down
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Empty2009-09-01, 01:25

Ive been watching the rumours about this camera the last few weeks, and as im looking for a second body, im certainly going to consider this Clap Just want to see sample images first Wink
Back to top Go down
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

PostSubject: Re: Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Empty2009-09-01, 01:34

I doubt this will see "second body" status with anyone except the very wealthy - I'd expect a price in the £1500-1700 range at first with a lowering as supplies stabilise.

Sample images here soon - keep checking. Depends very much on what you hang on the front of it of course.

I'd love to buy one of these and relegate my 40D to second body status, but it ain't going to happen quickly.
Back to top Go down
vulcan558
vulcan558

PostSubject: Re: Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Empty2009-09-01, 01:44

Not bad ,
looking to kick start a new buying frenzy early next year, so this could be on the cards.
Back to top Go down
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Empty2009-09-01, 04:37

HighlandSniper wrote:
I'd love to buy one of these and relegate my 40D to second body status, but it ain't going to happen quickly.

Yes sorry, thats what I meant about having a second body. I would keep my 40d with the 70-200mm on and get a 7d for the 400mm prime Big Grin The price will drop after a month or 2 anyway the 50d did exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

PostSubject: Re: Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Empty2009-09-01, 05:42

Agreed. I certainly won't be in a position to upgrade until at least early next year and would never buy in the first few months post-release until the price stabilises, I'll leave the "must have up-grades" to the male jewellery poseurs.

N.B. Mods - apologies for the non-standard image size, but I thought this would be of interest to members.

Sample images and movie clip now online here.

Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Img_2623

Hi-res 5184 x 3456 JPEG EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 IS USM @ ISO 100 un-processed f10.0 @ 1/100sec.

I'd love to see RAW output from this body.
Back to top Go down
davem

davem

PostSubject: Re: Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Empty2009-09-01, 06:45

Monster camera... however...

Canon (UK) want their arse well and truly kicking... Warehouse Express are advertising it at £1699 body only... Never before have I known a camera be released here with the same £ to $ price as in the US.

Despite everyone's best efforts to keep trade in this country and reduce grey imports Canon have just opened the door wide open. At $1699 in the US, it needs to be £1299 over here to get the same deal.

B+H Photo must be about to fill their boots!

That is, unless some figures are hastily changed somewhere to restore some sort of balance?
Back to top Go down
http://www.equinesinaction.co.uk
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Empty2009-09-01, 07:31

I assume that 8 fps is continuous JPEG at a Large setting, which is great for our hobby.

Whilst the 40D does 6.5/3.0 fps continuous JPEG at large setting
The 50D does 6.3/3.0 fps continuous JPEG at large setting

I think the price could put people off and they stick with the 40D or go with the 5D at 3fps which is 17 RAW frames, and just upgrade their glass.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Empty2009-09-01, 08:19

Just this minute had an email alert from Jacobs.

£1699 for the body only.

With either £150 minimum trade in on your old SLR/DSLR

Or a free £100 voucher + Free 8gb Sandisk Extreme III CF card
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
Matthew Harrison

PostSubject: Re: Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Empty2009-09-01, 09:47

From my experience, if you are looking into buying any new camera model that is launched I would wait a few months for the price to drop and to catch up and read as many reviews as you can.

The spec on this camera looks great, but one major feature gives me cause for concern. 18 megapixels on an APS-C CMOS sensor (1.6x crop) is too many. Shots taken in excellent light, at ISO 100 or 200 and with the best glass money can buy on the end of the camera will look very good, but how often do we get to shoot in ideal conditions. The problem with this many megapixels in a small sensor means not enough light reaches the pixels to be able to process the image smoothly. Therefore shots taken in dull light at ISO's over 400 will probably look 'soft' and 'noise' will start to become obvious to the point it may become distracting.

It has been said the 50D need the best lenses to bring out really good shots over ISO 200 and in my experience (I use one, along with a 1D Mk III) I have experienced these very problems, and that has 3 megapixels less than the 7D. Canon state that the new sensor "works well in high and low conditions thanks to new photodiode and microlense construction". I really hope this is true because it would be a shame if a camera with such a spec as this is let down by the above issues. Camera manufacturers seem to have fallen into the trap of 'more megapixels is better'. Maybe a few years ago, but sensor technology does not seem to have moved on (particularly on the smaller sensors such as the APS-C 1.6x crop) as image quality is affected as much now by shooting High ISO's than the number of pixels. My 1D III only has 10 megapixels, but on a larger sensor (so more light gathering) compared to the 15 megapixels of the 50D on a smaller sensor and in my view the 1D images knock spots off the 50D (although at nearly 3 times the price I would expect it to be better! but it does prove the point megapixels are not everything)

The above may seem a little trivial and it will depend on the outlook of your photography of course, but I would suggest anyone who would consider spending £1699 (pre order body only) on a camera is pretty serious about their hobby, so the overall quality of the images produced as the end result and how the camera performs in less than ideal conditions I am sure is an important consideration.

Matthew
Back to top Go down
Beefsteak

Beefsteak

PostSubject: Re: Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Empty2009-09-01, 11:38

Just popped into the London Camera Exchange in Chester and was quoted "About £1500 " for body only , so it may be worth checking the rip off LCE first !!!
Back to top Go down
awacsfan

awacsfan

PostSubject: Re: Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Empty2009-09-01, 11:51

I was hoping Canon would announce a new EF 100-400mm or something along that line. With the new EF-S lenses coming out, I probably will go ahead and buy one of the EF-S 18-55 IS (still have the non-IS lens that came with my 20D in 2005).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses Empty

Back to top Go down

Canon announce new EOS 7D and three lenses

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Photography & Art :: Photography Discussion -