New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Apple iMac

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Flying figgis

Flying figgis

Spotter Watch Member : Yes I am!

Apple iMac Vide
PostSubject: Apple iMac Apple iMac Empty2009-08-26, 09:11

Just got one of these and it seems really cool and the operating system light years ahead of Vista. Anyone else here a Mac user? What are the good points and what are the drawbacks? Very pleased with ours so far!!

Apple iMac IMG_6330

Roll Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.yourstressmanager.co.uk
ringo747

ringo747

Apple iMac Vide
PostSubject: Re: Apple iMac Apple iMac Empty2009-08-26, 09:28

Welcome to the mac world! I use them at home/personal use along with the iphone and you really cannot beat apple stuff for slickness and ease of use! They are very easy to use and are brilliant for creative stuff like video editing, photo and web design. I don't like the idea of people buying apple just because it looks good but if you genuinely have a need for, and appreciate the apple brand, then its all good.

I work in IT and use windows all the time but never would go back to it for home usage. They all have their pros and cons but I think the macs are just miles ahead. Snow Leopard the new OS comes out for mac on friday.

Enjoy your new purchase. They are very nice machines!
Back to top Go down
mish65

mish65

Spotter Watch Member : No

Apple iMac Vide
PostSubject: Re: Apple iMac Apple iMac Empty2009-08-26, 10:06

Hi been using macs for 8 year and my bro Toxic77 has been using them for nearly 20. Never ever had one crash or freeze up and never had a single cyber attack. These things are so easy to use and more bomb proof than Hitler bunker. Have fun Laughing
Back to top Go down
Flying figgis

Flying figgis

Apple iMac Vide
PostSubject: Re: Apple iMac Apple iMac Empty2009-08-26, 10:21

Cheers chaps. Was really fed up with unreliability of and the compatibility issues with Vista. First impressions are really good and quality of the hardware seems far better too! Also, the fact that it will work with iPhone and iPod without incident was a big factor in the decision. What is Snow Leopard though?
Back to top Go down
MikeB
Admin
Admin
MikeB

Apple iMac Vide
PostSubject: Re: Apple iMac Apple iMac Empty2009-08-26, 11:16

Flying figgis wrote:
What is Snow Leopard though?

It's the new operating system from Apple.

Like XP, Vista etc. for Microsoft, Apple have Tiger, Leopard and now Snow Leopard.

Mike
Back to top Go down
http://www.UnbrokenPhotography.co.uk
Zebrdee

Zebrdee

Apple iMac Vide
PostSubject: Re: Apple iMac Apple iMac Empty2009-08-26, 13:17

mish65 wrote:
Hi been using macs for 8 year and my bro Toxic77 has been using them for nearly 20. Never ever had one crash or freeze up and never had a single cyber attack. These things are so easy to use and more bomb proof than Hitler bunker. Have fun Laughing

LOL!

Hope you got AppleCare Flying figgis, you're gonna need it sooner than you think.
Back to top Go down
ringo747

ringo747

Apple iMac Vide
PostSubject: Re: Apple iMac Apple iMac Empty2009-08-26, 13:42

You don't need applecare. It is only additional phone support as far as I know. The warranty is the same regardless. All you need to do is take it to a genius bar if something goes wrong. It is very well made stuff and you are just unlucky if it needs repairs.
Back to top Go down
mish65

mish65

Apple iMac Vide
PostSubject: Re: Apple iMac Apple iMac Empty2009-08-26, 14:05

Ooooo someone sounds jealous. I could write you a novel about how many friends who use PC's and their breakdowns/crashes/viruses not to mention the many hours wasted phoning some clueless technical support in Mumbai. I have exactly the same Imac as the one in the pic, it is on 24/7 and has been for over a year and a half without so much as a murmur cannot say the same for my daughters cheap laptop. As for the 3 year Apple care pack you can buy it any time in the first year. It will cover you for all parts and labour costs if anything were to break. Had one for my old Emac, its now 6 years old and never missed a beat. Also have a relative who runs a PC repair shop and guess what? he uses Macs. Whistle
Back to top Go down
Zebrdee

Zebrdee

Apple iMac Vide
PostSubject: Re: Apple iMac Apple iMac Empty2009-08-26, 14:06

ringo747 wrote:
You don't need applecare. It is only additional phone support as far as I know. The warranty is the same regardless. All you need to do is take it to a genius bar if something goes wrong. It is very well made stuff and you are just unlucky if it needs repairs.

Apple is not the quality it once was, check all the people on the Apple discussion forum with fried logic boards and duff video on their Mac laptops. Another example today; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8223005.stm

Nearest Apple store to me is a 200 mile round trip. Won't be buying Apple again for a long time.
Back to top Go down
ringo747

ringo747

Apple iMac Vide
PostSubject: Re: Apple iMac Apple iMac Empty2009-08-26, 14:12

Sounds like you are very anti-apple but maybe if you read that bbc report you would have noticed that it says "An 80-year-old from the Paris suburbs was among eight people"

8 people among how many million isn't a terribly big deal.
Back to top Go down
Flying figgis

Flying figgis

Apple iMac Vide
PostSubject: Re: Apple iMac Apple iMac Empty2009-08-27, 01:49

Seems to have provoked a debate here! My experience of PC's is similar to Mish's and so far the Apple is a breath of fresh air. It does cost a lot more than a PC but the quality and usability are totally superior. Time will tell how reliable it is but we are delighted with it so far. We have taken an iPod to the Genius Bar before. They sorted it out very quickly and their customer service ethos appears to be of the highest order. Will keep u posted!
Back to top Go down
mish65

mish65

Apple iMac Vide
PostSubject: Re: Apple iMac Apple iMac Empty2009-08-27, 10:25

Amongst the many, many famous people and bands who use Macs one name stand out high above them all. Bill Gates's mother! I bet she don't get a christmas card any more. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
ythanpythan

Apple iMac Vide
PostSubject: Re: Apple iMac Apple iMac Empty2009-08-27, 11:44

The Mac vs PC debate will always attract zealots from both sides.

I have an imac 24" and a macbook pro 13.3" and have to say I love them, mostly due to the quality of the screens which are great for photo editing. However my imac has frozen and aperture does have its problems from time to time, so macland is not some kind of Eutopia.

As with any techie debate take the top and bottom 10% of comments off and the truth lies within. Nikon vs Canon is a similar case.

Anyhoo

Enjoy
Back to top Go down
mish65

mish65

Apple iMac Vide
PostSubject: Re: Apple iMac Apple iMac Empty2009-08-27, 12:00

Even Jesus had faults. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Whistle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Apple iMac Vide
PostSubject: Re: Apple iMac Apple iMac Empty

Back to top Go down

Apple iMac

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: FC Community :: Non-Aviation Chat -