New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Advice on this setup Please

View previous topic View next topic Go down
skeggy

skeggy

Spotter Watch Member : no

Advice on this setup Please Vide
PostSubject: Advice on this setup Please Advice on this setup Please Empty2009-08-20, 13:23

Hi all, I am looking to upgrade from my Fujipix S9500 Bridge Camera, Trouble is i don't have a lot of spare cash at the moment. Embarassed
I am now asking the "Spert's" lol on here if this setup CLICK HERE would be ok to get some decent sized photo's around Airfield's, Coningsby in particular.
Thank's for Reading, And any advice is much appreciated.

Cheer's Skeggy.
Back to top Go down
St. John

St. John

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Advice on this setup Please Advice on this setup Please Empty2009-08-20, 15:25

This body gets really good write ups. You'll get decent sized images with the 300mm lens. Although it's USM, if it's anything like my 55-250, it will struggle at the higher end of the zoom so the quality of the pic will not be anything like the pics you see on here at the same length.
Back to top Go down
hawks922

hawks922

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Advice on this setup Please Advice on this setup Please Empty2009-08-21, 00:38

I initially liked the offer until I looked more into it

The Canon 1000 may be a little too basic for you. you might be better off getting a second hand canon 400D and saving the spare cash to buy an IS lens. Most of the guys here have their 300 or 400 zoom lens with IS. Using the 75-300 usm lens may be great for zooming in on statics and if mounted on a tripod will give some clear shots, but i get the gut feeling you are looking at taking shots of fly pasts fast jets and this is where the you the photographer have to have great steadiness and flow to take clear pictures.

If you are trying to keep the costs down, check out Ebay or the for sale items on here.

With people upgrading to the 500D and above there are plenty of bargains to be had, but with the 1000 I think you are aiming a bit low spec for what you want. All my Opinion and I am sure there others who can give better advice, however I think my 400D was a great investment when coming in at the bottom level in DSLR photography.
Just to give you an example the Offer at Argos (Camera + 2 lenses NO CF CARD)= £499

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CANON-REBEL-XTi-EOS-400D-CAMERA-BODY-4GB-6-BONUS-SLV_W0QQitemZ130324872153QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN?hash=item1e57f7bbd9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 £249 leaving you £250 to find a decent Zoom Lens and the last I looked a 75-300 is lens from the states was something like £196 which should leave change for a tripod or a camera bag :).

Here is my 75-300 IS lens capturing the reds (My technique needs more practice and photobucket may have condensed it a bit, but you get the idea)

Advice on this setup Please RedArrows03

here is a Harrier slow landing is the same lens (No Tripod)

Advice on this setup Please Harrier01
Back to top Go down
skeggy

skeggy

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Advice on this setup Please Advice on this setup Please Empty2009-08-21, 09:22

Thankyou for your replies St. John and hawks922.

So it looks like i would be better off getting an IS lens to lessen the chance of blur at higher/longer zoom length's (if i'm reading this right).

Cracking photo's hawks922 that's what i would like to achieve.

I'll have to see if i can juggle the old finances a bit and see if i can't get a 400d or a 450d at a good price and then buy an IS lense.

Thanks again for your answers Chap's, It's much appreciated.

Cheer's

Skeggy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice on this setup Please Advice on this setup Please Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice on this setup Please

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Photography & Art :: Photography Discussion -