New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed)

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

Spotter Watch Member : No

Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Vide
PostSubject: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-18, 04:41

As some of you know i am currently working on a project to make SPTA as realistic as possible with the knowledge i have of the place (years of going there).
I know of every operating location on the plain so it's not a difficult task in knowing what and where to do things....

But it's a vast project, making individual AFCADs for the numerous strips and camps and HLS sites and autogen trees everywhere... then there's AI. Then making an AFCAD for every waypoint (realistic used waypoints as in real life) around the plain (there are loads).

I just need a bit of help in regards to AI aircraft....

I need a green Seaking or HC4 Commando for AI. I have Alphasims Seaking package but that doesn't work for AI (I've tried it) and it would be too frame rate heavy for some people anyway.

I also need a RN Lynx for AI (Naval Grey Lynx and Marines AH7 and AH9 (they use them occasionally).

I have a German Lynx for AI but that isn't practical...

So,
1. RN Lynx (Both Grey and Camo colours)
2. RN Seaking/Commando HC4/HC6 variant
3. QinetiQ Seaking in Raspberry Ripple Colours

I have all the other aircraft (from various AI packages) working but only for tests including C130s landing on grass strips.
As well as FAC aircraft over various real CAS areas of the plain and a Nimrod circling for ISTAR as in real life during exercises.

Also, what else i need is this type of hut:
http://s0.geograph.org.uk/photos/30/30/303035_c75ae087.jpg

Black wooden hut, elongated with light green roof.
I can't find one anywhere within all the scenery object files. But if anyone has anything similar then i'd appreciate the .bgl file and textures.

If anyone knows if the files above 'exist' then i really appreciate the help.

Thanks!
P.S... the package is taking a while 'cause i'm doing it in my spare time.
Back to top Go down
batman3
Photo of the Month Winner
batman3

Spotter Watch Member : No?

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-18, 05:20

I have a green navy Seaking and i could paint you a Qinetiq one tonight - somewhat better than my Hip repaint i promise...
There is no Lynx out there im afraid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photographer.php?p=1591
352SOG

352SOG

Spotter Watch Member : nope

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-18, 05:25

for 2 & 3 could you not use maiw's seaking with a few repiants? im not aware of a lynx either although maiw's chinook is very realistic even down to its flight dynamics which i presume you are aware of Smile
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-18, 05:32

Thanks Rick,
much appreciated. As the green Seaking can be used for my Merryfield Scenery too i am producing.
Back to top Go down
batman3
batman3

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-18, 11:29

How do you want me to send it to you - PM your email address or add my MSN or something.

Cheers
Rick
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-18, 13:52

email if you can?
architect4742@aol.com (no worries on privacy because my address is accessable to everyone for admin reasons.)
Back to top Go down
batman3
batman3

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-18, 14:27

Sent.
Back to top Go down
Garysb

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-18, 15:49

Just to let you know that there is a complete MAIW RN seaking package in progress that includes all Seakings including the AEW version that has not been released yet

This also includes multi operations at Merryfield, AFG, Norway, Culdrose, Prestwick, Fleetlands and HMS Ocean

Gary
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-18, 15:53

Thanks Gary
I will put a hold on my Merryfield scenery for now then as it may not be needed! .... look forward to seeing the package from MAIW.
Back to top Go down
Garysb

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-18, 16:21

Rich

I will take some screenies for you

Gary

Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Fsscr050

Last edited by Garysb on 2009-08-18, 16:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Garysb

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-18, 16:22

Also the Boscombe Seakings have been done and ready to go to beta testing

Gary
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-18, 18:59

Very cool, which base is that screen capture from?

The Boscombe Seakings that visit the plain are the HC4 (Raspberry Ripple) and sometimes the 771NAS SAR variant which is based there (HUR5).
However, the ASAC7 (AEW) variant can be seen doing a BARCAP over the plain during exercises at between 5,000 and 10,000ft and operates out of Yeovilton and/or Westdown and the FARP areas.

I am currently in the process of trying to get Westdown sorted but i still can't find the right hut texture...
Back to top Go down
batman3
batman3

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-18, 23:47

Can you not just alter the texture yourself in photoshop? I tried seeing the pic you displayed but it wouldnt open.
Back to top Go down
Garysb

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-19, 01:39

Razor61 wrote:
Very cool, which base is that screen capture from?

The Boscombe Seakings that visit the plain are the HC4 (Raspberry Ripple) and sometimes the 771NAS SAR variant which is based there (HUR5).
However, the ASAC7 (AEW) variant can be seen doing a BARCAP over the plain during exercises at between 5,000 and 10,000ft and operates out of Yeovilton and/or Westdown and the FARP areas.

I am currently in the process of trying to get Westdown sorted but i still can't find the right hut texture...

The picture is from Odiham

It is very hard to simulate the barcap as you can only get the AI to do TNG
But I will try and at least get the asac7 in use

If you want to send me anything you have done (doing) and I will try and include it if you wish

Cheers

Gary

Edit

Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Hu5

Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Asa7
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-19, 04:29

i don't think my scenery is any touch on MIAW to be honest... i'm a newbie in it.
Although having been around Merryfield itself in a tower vehicle several times where the helicopters train and land and so on i know the areas in use each day... and to an extent a schedule for the 'heavies' which train.
That maybe of some help...

In my scenery it was just to be the airfield being very accurately placed because the UK2000 scenery was way off with no scenery there at all.

I have included the runways, taxiways and helipads on the taxiways (without letters) and three dispersals used by the Lynx and Seakings...
I was about to do the confined area training bit and add that.... and then autogen the area and place some flightplans.

With Salisbury Plain, this will take a while to do, its a 25 mile x 10 mile area to cover....

by the way, i am also doing a Mount Pleasant, Falklands scenery...... or has this already been attempted accurately?

I also think i am doing mine the hard way... i am doing everything by co-ordinates from google earth and then doing it in AFCAD.
Is there a way of seeing the scenery in FS9 and actually placing an AFCAD over it.... to do it 'live' or am i already doing the proper way? which seems to be the hard and long way....although accurate.
If i could see the actual scenery underneath my AFCAD as i was doing it, it would be easier.

edit:-
Forgot to mention, i have been trying with waypoints but they are a massive problem.
I had a Tornado GR4 and a Harrier come down to the Plain to do FAC over several waypoints i made (by doing short runways 10ft long in AFCAD) and do TNG's.
However, they descended to the runway in question (waypoint) and circled it with one having its gear down.

What if we set the pattern/circuit height to more than 1000ft, perhaps much higher, would this keep the planes or helicopters from descending so much and keep them at the height you want them at around the flight?
Or, setting the altitude level of the actual AFCAD (make the runway invisible and at 10ft by 10ft or something) and set it at several thousand feet above the ground, i'm wondering if that would work better.... or not?

As to get the Hercs landing at Deptford correctly, i need them to go to a waypoint first (as in real life) instead of flying straight through the usually 'hot' live impact areas.

I'm making this as realistic possible, knowing all the waypoints around the plain, callsigns used, types and every single barn area together camps, HLS's and so on i can do this if the parameters were right in making AI do what we want.... but that's the problem...

As to get from one area to another around the plain, each helicopter has to use a set of low level routes (300ft and 500ft) and must adhere to these routes at all times....
Back to top Go down
Garysb

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-19, 15:48

Rich
Comments in red

i don't think my scenery is any touch on MIAW to be honest... i'm a newbie in it.
Although
having been around Merryfield itself in a tower vehicle several times
where the helicopters train and land and so on i know the areas in use
each day... and to an extent a schedule for the 'heavies' which train.
That maybe of some help...

In
my scenery it was just to be the airfield being very accurately placed
because the UK2000 scenery was way off with no scenery there at all.

I
have included the runways, taxiways and helipads on the taxiways
(without letters) and three dispersals used by the Lynx and Seakings...
I was about to do the confined area training bit and add that.... and then autogen the area and place some flightplans.

With Salisbury Plain, this will take a while to do, its a 25 mile x 10 mile area to cover....

by the way, i am also doing a Mount Pleasant, Falklands scenery...... or has this already been attempted accurately?
There is a plan to do MP but nothing yet, but we do have a reasonable afcad

I also think i am doing mine the hard way... i am doing everything by co-ordinates from google earth and then doing it in AFCAD.
Is
there a way of seeing the scenery in FS9 and actually placing an AFCAD
over it.... to do it 'live' or am i already doing the proper way? which
seems to be the hard and long way....although accurate.
If i could see the actual scenery underneath my AFCAD as i was doing it, it would be easier.

If you use AFX you can impose a background picture and draw over that, I usually put the runway in first then scale the picture to fit that

edit:-
Forgot to mention, i have been trying with waypoints but they are a massive problem.
I
had a Tornado GR4 and a Harrier come down to the Plain to do FAC over
several waypoints i made (by doing short runways 10ft long in AFCAD)
and do TNG's.

You must use IFR rather than VFR then you get an overshoot rather than an actual TNG
You cant have multiple TNG in a string
Ie TO,TNG,TNG,TNG,Land you should only have TO,TNG,Land

However, they descended to the runway in question (waypoint) and circled it with one having its gear down.

They will always have the gear down, no other way
If you are watching a AI VFR flightplan aircraft with a traffic viewer it will do all manner of strange things

What
if we set the pattern/circuit height to more than 1000ft, perhaps much
higher, would this keep the planes or helicopters from descending so
much and keep them at the height you want them at around the flight?
No they will always come down and do an overshoot

Or,
setting the altitude level of the actual AFCAD (make the runway
invisible and at 10ft by 10ft or something) and set it at several
thousand feet above the ground, i'm wondering if that would work
better.... or not?

Not to sure here but I believe the elevation of the take off airport and the destination airport has to be within 1750'
I cant find it in our forums but i remember it being discussed
But yes it would work

As to get the Hercs landing at Deptford
correctly, i need them to go to a waypoint first (as in real life)
instead of flying straight through the usually 'hot' live impact areas.

I'm
making this as realistic possible, knowing all the waypoints around the
plain, callsigns used, types and every single barn area together camps,
HLS's and so on i can do this if the parameters were right in making AI
do what we want.... but that's the problem...

As to get from one
area to another around the plain, each helicopter has to use a set of
low level routes (300ft and 500ft) and must adhere to these routes at
all times....

I am led to believe that AI will aways be a min of 1000' above the ground except on TO/L

Cheers

Gary
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-19, 16:11

Many thanks Gary for your input. Makes me really think that dabbling in this scenery lark is worth while.
Bit pants if Microsoft do not implement a code whereby people cannot modify an AI aircraft to do things they want it too.
Back to top Go down
Garysb

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty2009-08-19, 16:16

Keep looking in on the forum over at www.militaryaiworks.com we are always willing to answer any questions an solve problems if we can

Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Salisbury Plain Scenery/AI (some help needed)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Flight Sim & Modelling Section :: Flight Sim Section -