New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Making my own Merryfield scenery but...

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

Spotter Watch Member : No

Making my own Merryfield scenery but... Vide
PostSubject: Making my own Merryfield scenery but... Making my own Merryfield scenery but... Empty2009-08-10, 16:32

I have some problems....

I have just spent 6hrs on AFCAD2 designing my own Merryfield airfield scenery from scratch (going back and forth from Google Earth to get it right).
Very time consuming but my taxiways and runways are now pretty much bang on (for the VFR Photographic & UK2000 scenery packages)

All i have done so far is start the AF2_EGDW.bgl all over again.
I have the following:-
1. Runways and taxiways
2. Grass areas within the airfield confines (75% so far completed)
3. Helipad zones added to the taxiways

However, when i load the scenery in FS9 i have the following problems:-
1. The original tall slender tower is still there, and in the middle of Rwy27
2. My helipads i have added to the actual runways are not showing but the ones on the taxiways are
3. I had to amend the default EGDW elevation using JABBgl from 146ft to 119.80ft (but in metres) because the new file was still reading the wrong elevation data.
4. Am i right in just having one file (the AF2_EGDW) or am i needing more files?

How do i get rid of the original (i think UK2000) tower. I've tried looking for the EGDW scenery in UK2000 but can't find it.
How do i get the helipads to show on the runways like they are on the taxiways (really don't know why some do, some don't?)

Plus...

I have just loaded the scenery on FS9 and opened up EZ-Scenery programme to add a new Tower and little shed which houses the fire engines. I have added this and saved the file. Still could not delete the original tower using EZ-Scenery either...

So, do i need to put the EZ-scenery file i have saved into the same place as the AF2_EGDW or do i put it somewhere else?

Things to do next:-
Add another area to the scenery using AFCAD2 where the confined area training is, then put some trees surrounding it like in real life (easily seen on Google Earth too). Then add more grassy areas around the airfield and some touching up.
And, do the amendments above but i really need some guidence or perhaps help...
What i want then is some Seakings and Lynx doing circuits and hovering work but i have no idea on how to do this...

The REASON for doing this scenery?
Because UK2000 Merryfield is pants and so is a Russian one available for free on the net which adds C-17s to it and the scenery is just very wrong.
The UK2000 scenery is way off on VFR photographic scenery also, the runways were all wrongly placed and the numbering was wrong too.

My version has the runways and taxiways 99.9% following the proper VFR photographic/Google Earth) layout but going by Google Earth.
I spent 6hrs copying down each point of turns and arcs in the layout writing down lat/long and then doing it on AFCAD2.
Missus was well fed up.... lol

Any help in doing this scenery is appreciated... perhaps working a joint project because at the moment, there is no decent/accurate Merryfield scenery available on the net. Seeing as it is quite local to me i thought i would try and do it.

This is my first ever dabble in scenery for FS2004 and perhaps some expert designers could utilise my .bgl and perfect it by adding accurate data/objects and aircraft using it.

For those who don't know of Merryfield, it is the satellite to Yeovilton and is very busy each day and night with Seakings and Lynx from Yeovilton and helicopters from Westland together with frequent Merlin and Chinook movements.
Back to top Go down
daffy duck

daffy duck

Spotter Watch Member : nope

Making my own Merryfield scenery but... Vide
PostSubject: Re: Making my own Merryfield scenery but... Making my own Merryfield scenery but... Empty2009-08-16, 12:21

Is it freeware thanks

Thumbs Up Embarassed
Back to top Go down

Making my own Merryfield scenery but...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Flight Sim & Modelling Section :: Flight Sim Section -