New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Soggy Canon 400D

View previous topic View next topic Go down
stealth117

Soggy Canon 400D Vide
PostSubject: Soggy Canon 400D Soggy Canon 400D Empty2009-08-03, 07:02

Hi, i went to coningsby last week for the italian typhoons and as you may have seen the weather was terrible Sad I was dropped off by my girlfriend, so had to sit under my fishing brolly when it peed it down, but my 400D got wet as the brolly had a hole in it Embarassed and now some things do not work on my camera Crying for example auto focus is not possible on any of my lenses. The F values do not change and it stays at F-00. I went to East Kirkby for the airshow this weekend and normally i would be shooting on iso 400 with the weather we had but i was using iso 100 and under exposing to the full extent that i could and still my camera was showing some pictures to be too bright Crying In the end i was using tv mode on iso 100 under exposing the shots at the max and using a shutter speed of 1/320th. I havent uploaded these photos on to my computer yet but viewing them on the camera they look ok. Also the dial that you change the shutter speed with on tv does not work to change the f stops on av mode?
I am going to take my camera into jessops tommorow as i have got insurance for three years and have had the camera a little less than two years.

I just thought i would see what people on here thought?? Any info/opinions are much appreciated Smile

Martin
Back to top Go down
hawks922

hawks922

Spotter Watch Member : No

Soggy Canon 400D Vide
PostSubject: Re: Soggy Canon 400D Soggy Canon 400D Empty2009-08-03, 07:12

Check your insurance and the liability clauses before going to Jessops, because if there is a personal liability clause where you can be proven to be negligent *Spelling, they may end up saying you are not covered, sometimes there is an accidental damage clause which covers repairs or replacement if you had say an accident where the camera fell into a puddle and is now not working correctly. Save yourself a trip and check that you are covered, if you took the camera and operated in the rain which against the normal usage depicted by Canon.

It just might require a service, you never know.
Back to top Go down
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

Soggy Canon 400D Vide
PostSubject: Re: Soggy Canon 400D Soggy Canon 400D Empty2009-08-03, 07:23

Bearing in mind the post above, it may be advisable to be careful how you word the circumstances of what happened to your camera to avoid any accusation of negligence.
Back to top Go down
stealth117

Soggy Canon 400D Vide
PostSubject: Re: Soggy Canon 400D Soggy Canon 400D Empty2009-08-03, 10:03

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated Smile I have got to find where i have put my insurance papers now though as i cant remember where they are Opps Hopefully i can get it all sorted and it wont cost me too much if anything at all (fingers crossed)

Martin
Back to top Go down
lblake

lblake

Spotter Watch Member : no

Soggy Canon 400D Vide
PostSubject: Re: Soggy Canon 400D Soggy Canon 400D Empty2009-08-03, 10:23

If you need a witness to say you fell into a puddle, give us a ring and twenty quid Wink
Back to top Go down
hawks922

hawks922

Soggy Canon 400D Vide
PostSubject: Re: Soggy Canon 400D Soggy Canon 400D Empty2009-08-04, 05:07

I'll witness for a large coffee and a jammy doughnut Clap
Back to top Go down
stealth117

Soggy Canon 400D Vide
PostSubject: Re: Soggy Canon 400D Soggy Canon 400D Empty2009-08-04, 09:29

Thanks for the offers guys Big Grin But i have taken it in today and they are going to send it off and sort it(within 3-4 weeks) dont know how i will last that long without it Laugh just hope that it does all work out in the end.

Thanks again
Martin
Back to top Go down
hawks922

hawks922

Soggy Canon 400D Vide
PostSubject: Re: Soggy Canon 400D Soggy Canon 400D Empty2009-08-05, 00:23

Stealth with the British summer being as wet as it is you might be better off without it for 3-4 weeks Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soggy Canon 400D Vide
PostSubject: Re: Soggy Canon 400D Soggy Canon 400D Empty

Back to top Go down

Soggy Canon 400D

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Photography & Art :: Photography Discussion -