New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fighter Control domain name

View previous topic View next topic Go down
ringo747

ringo747

Fighter Control domain name Vide
PostSubject: Fighter Control domain name Fighter Control domain name Empty2008-12-09, 05:07

Will the old fightercontrol.co.uk domain name be linked to this site? Just asking out of interest as it could be a good idea to help redirect old visitors to the new site.
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Control domain name Fighter Control domain name Empty2008-12-09, 06:42

Looks as though 1and1 have turned the lights off a few days early than noted, which is a bit naughty of them.

It has been noted that due to the poor stats of the old website, the forum index was always receiving the most hits instead of the website index.

This is because of the seach engines were displaying contents of most active forum topic in the search engine. So when non members clicked on, they would be directed to the forum index to register.

Therefore a decision was made not to transfer the website to a new host, but to close it down.

Personally I would still like to have a basic website, with links to Air-scene UK articles, the Monthly photo competition, Mil Air monitoring info and a few other items.

Just so that the website can be easily maintained.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
ringo747

ringo747

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Control domain name Fighter Control domain name Empty2008-12-09, 11:41

If you are wanting a site set up drop me a pm and i can recommend some good hosts and could build up a temporary site with a new domain name maybe?
Back to top Go down
Jon Harrowing
Admin
Admin
Jon Harrowing

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Control domain name Fighter Control domain name Empty2008-12-18, 23:00

Guys,

as you will have probably noted already I have sorted the problem out with the Fighter Control domain name :) The domain name was registered to myself therefore it had been DETAGGED by OneandOne and was left hanging around Cyberspace. A few emails between myself, NOMINET and OneandOne and we are now back in business!! 🎅

http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk :afro: LIVES :affraid:
Back to top Go down
http://www.brokenbritainscarred.co.uk/forum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighter Control domain name Fighter Control domain name Empty

Back to top Go down

Fighter Control domain name

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Fighter Control Information :: Technical -