New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Operational Log for August 09.

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
60163tornado

Spotter Watch Member : no

Operational Log for August 09. - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Log for Thurs 27.08.09. Operational Log for August 09. - Page 3 Empty2009-08-27, 01:59

What a different a day makes Wednesday sheeting down all day, Thursday dawns bright and Sunny. Log updates later.
Back to top Go down
60163tornado

PostSubject: Was it a test point Operational Log for August 09. - Page 3 Empty2009-08-27, 11:51

I am referring to the steepest climb out of the Nimrod MRA4 I have ever seen rotating from R 26

only other item of interest was Tarnish 7 in IPA 1 ZJ 699 one of his usual dry rotations but RTBd

with a couple nice T & Gs. PS Does anybody know it Tarnish 1A & 1B repeated their dramatic

run and break in Malta in the Saudi Typhoons.
Back to top Go down
60163tornado

PostSubject: Dutchman finally arrives home. Operational Log for August 09. - Page 3 Empty2009-08-27, 11:55

Gerrit, has finally landed back in Holland after his 5and half week visit to the UK,It bwas fanastic

to here from you and I will respond to your E-Mail when I get mine working again.
Back to top Go down
lev67

lev67

PostSubject: Re: Operational Log for August 09. Operational Log for August 09. - Page 3 Empty2009-08-27, 13:51

Quote :
only other item of interest was Tarnish 7 in IPA 1 ZJ 699
I managed to get that and the PC9 at Thirlmere today Clap
A big thank you to Tarnish 7, The fastest pass I've seen along thirlmere and a nice roll out at the end before Keswick Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
http://neil.fotopic.net/
Negative G

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Operational Log for August 09. Operational Log for August 09. - Page 3 Empty2009-08-27, 16:22

Blinkin eck, "Tarnish 7" certainly got around today, I snapped him doing a couple of circuits at Valleys families day around 4ish in the usual RAF Valley 35Knt horizontal drizzle Mad

Neg G Smile
Back to top Go down
lev67

lev67

PostSubject: Re: Operational Log for August 09. Operational Log for August 09. - Page 3 Empty2009-08-27, 16:35

Quote :
I snapped him doing a couple of circuits at Valleys families day around 4ish
I clocked him at 16.06 through Thirlmere, with the speed he was travelling he wouldn't have taken him long to get anywhere Wow
Back to top Go down
http://neil.fotopic.net/
60163tornado

PostSubject: Log for 28.8.09 Operational Log for August 09. - Page 3 Empty2009-08-28, 08:19

Nimrod ZJ 516 up twice as Avro 3. am & Avro 4. pm.

Stampede 1 & 2. ZK 022 & ZK 024 taxied from case White and rotated as a pair from R 26

went out over irish sea and were doing spinning trials after 30 minutes reported they were

they were RTB Valley. Maybe back on monday as BAE will be working not sure if there will be

any flying.

Edit At 14.40pm a primer green hawk was towed north to south to the detuner too for away for
any ID, however very obligingly there was a request for fuel at the detuner for the hawk HT1.
Back to top Go down
60163tornado

PostSubject: Elger? Operational Log for August 09. - Page 3 Empty2009-08-29, 11:42

One of Sir Edward Elgars Aircraft was flying out of Warton, I saw it rotating from from Runway 26

as I was making my way to The Ribble Steam Railway just after 10.30am this morning Sat 29th inst.
Back to top Go down
60163tornado

PostSubject: Log for Bank Hilday Monday 31.8.09. Operational Log for August 09. - Page 3 Empty2009-08-31, 10:32

I use to love BHs quadruple pay but that was in the old days. Now Im a sick old bugger who all I can find to do is volunteer on the Ribble Railway.

But there are advantages with the aid of my Yu 7100 I know when aircraft are on approach today
without the aid of the radio at about 15.45pm a Typhoon screamed over the railway heading for R 26 within a matter of seconds he had broken into the circuit a minute or so later another jet screamed up the river at low level we didnt see him on that accasion. at about 16.10 a Hawk flew
over me at three nooks and into Wartons circuit.

A question for the Warton regulars,Phil Connolly who has the red fin lightning now has another
helicopter I couldnt quite make it out is the long awaited US Helo or could it be a Wessex? Over to
you Mickey & Co.

Last edited by 60163tornado on 2009-09-01, 11:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stormshadow 71

stormshadow 71

PostSubject: Re: Operational Log for August 09. Operational Log for August 09. - Page 3 Empty2009-08-31, 11:16

It looks like a wessex Frank,seems to have standard RAF camo. Cool Smile
Back to top Go down
Apache123

Spotter Watch Member : yes

PostSubject: Re: Operational Log for August 09. Operational Log for August 09. - Page 3 Empty2009-08-31, 12:56

i can confirm it is a wessex and from the demobbed website kindly put my way by goose its serial is XT469, in MAM 2009 as just privately owned

Hope this helps,

Regards

Apache123
Back to top Go down
60163tornado

PostSubject: Re: Operational Log for August 09. Operational Log for August 09. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-01, 11:25

Apache123 wrote:
i can confirm it is a wessex and from the demobbed website kindly put my way by goose its serial is XT469, in MAM 2009 as just privately owned

Hope this helps,

Regards

Apache123
Thanks for that, Phil has also got an ex US Special Forces Loach Helo tucked
up in his hanger with the Huey, The Loach will be brought up to flying condition.
Back to top Go down
60163tornado

PostSubject: Re: Operational Log for August 09. Operational Log for August 09. - Page 3 Empty2009-09-01, 11:29

60163tornado wrote:
I use to love BHs quadruple pay but that was in the old days. Now Im a sick old bugger who all I can find to do is volunteer on the Ribble Railway.

But there are advantages with the aid of my Yu 7100 I know when aircraft are on approach today
without the aid of the radio at about 15.45pm a Typhoon screamed over the railway heading for R 26 within a matter of seconds he had broken into the circuit a minute or so later another jet screamed up the river at low level we didnt see him on that accasion. at about 16.10 a Hawk flew
over me at three nooks and into Wartons circuit.

A question for the Warton regulars,Phil Connolly who has the red fin lightning now has another
helicopter I couldnt quite make it out is the long awaited US Helo or could it be a Wessex? Over to
you Mickey & Co.

Update on the Typhoon it was ZK 068 1008 Tarnish 17 he surprised a few people yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operational Log for August 09. Operational Log for August 09. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Operational Log for August 09.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 3 of 3 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: North West :: BAES Warton :: Warton Operational Logs -