New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY

View previous topic View next topic Go down
milky01

milky01

Spotter Watch Member : No

ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Vide
PostSubject: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-17, 09:24

Two 4 Stormo Eurofighters arrived today for a weekend stop with 29Sqn.

MM7289 4-5 C/S INDIA 7295A
MM7292 4-12 C/S INDIA 7295B

Both have been hangered with 29Sqn.

Landing shots on http://milky01.piczo.com click on july

Cheers Kevin.

Last edited by milky01 on 2009-07-17, 09:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.milky01.piczo.com
philip44

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-17, 09:30

pity they couldn't have stood them on all the spare concrete in the Cotswolds

any idea of a departure time monday ,
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-17, 12:34

Quite unbelievable really, that they are sat in Lincs and not the Cotswolds!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vividmule.com
squawk

Spotter Watch Member : yes

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-17, 14:13

Trouble being of course they are here to visit the CGY squadrons.
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-17, 14:52

True, but they could of got a bus form Swindon to Lincoln for the crew im sure lol!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vividmule.com
philip44

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-18, 05:36

squawk wrote:
Trouble being of course they are here to visit the CGY squadrons.

so bring one of them as well, don't forget there is no static RAF Typhoon at fairford, for no worthwhile reason

our most important front line aircraft and not on view, except as a flying item which the majority at Fairford wont get a close look at
Back to top Go down
exleckie

exleckie

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-18, 06:53

Dunk wrote:
Quote :

Why unbelievable, OTF's don't stop just because RIAT is on. And presumably there is a reason for visiting Coningsby and its probably to do with Typhoon. Wouldnt be much point in dropping into Fairford if it were.

philip44 wrote:
Quote :
don't forget there is no static RAF Typhoon at fairford, for no worthwhile reason

No reason that you know of. Theres always a reason for non attendance, the squadrons have been pretty busy lately and they are on QRA 24/7. From experience if a Sqn is asked to send a jet to a show they will endeavour to so, but its not always possible to do for various reasons serviceabilty/commitments etc. Just be grateful theres one flying.

Neil
Back to top Go down
philip44

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-18, 07:15

exleckie wrote:
Dunk wrote:
Quote :

Why unbelievable, OTF's don't stop just because RIAT is on. And presumably there is a reason for visiting Coningsby and its probably to do with Typhoon. Wouldnt be much point in dropping into Fairford if it were.

philip44 wrote:
Quote :
don't forget there is no static RAF Typhoon at fairford, for no worthwhile reason

No reason that you know of. Theres always a reason for non attendance, the squadrons have been pretty busy lately and they are on QRA 24/7. From experience if a Sqn is asked to send a jet to a show they will endeavour to so, but its not always possible to do for various reasons serviceabilty/commitments etc. Just be grateful theres one flying.

Neil

i agree there are always reasons , it was just my opinion( i think i can still express one)
any way having said all that there looks to be a static example at IAT DE of 11sqn

still exasperated at the ITAF though, with all the a/c they were going to or could have shown off at fairford
Back to top Go down
squawk

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-18, 12:38

Phillip44 wrote

so bring one of them as well, don't forget there is no static RAF Typhoon at fairford, for no worthwhile reason

Secret Opps

I guess a case Phillip44 of stating your opinion before you knew all the facts.
Back to top Go down
philip44

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-18, 13:09

squawk wrote:
Phillip44 wrote

Secret Opps

I guess a case Phillip44 of stating your opinion before you knew all the facts.

i dont need the facts to state an opinion
Back to top Go down
squawk

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-18, 13:18

I rest my case Clap
Back to top Go down
philip44

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-18, 13:26

squawk wrote:
I rest my case Clap

i give up give us a clue
Back to top Go down
DOUGHNUT

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-19, 04:26

Sending an aircraft to Fairford on Friday afternoon and collecting it on Monday morning is just the start. The crew can not just 'abandon' their jet to the ground crew at Fairford, remember they sign for it prior to take off and their boss expects them to take care of it. Once at Fairford the aircrew will be expected to spend their saturday and sunday interacting with the public, not a job all pilots want to do. Add the fact that their boss will still expect them back at work the following week, probablely planning for the next deployment and yet more time away from home and family.
Back to top Go down
storm1

storm1

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-19, 08:22

I must be seeing things then cos i'm sure there is an RAF phoon parked next to a GAF EF2000 at Fairford.
Back to top Go down
seeker33

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-19, 14:44

DD and DE at Fairford aren't they? What more do you want?
Back to top Go down
philip44

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-20, 03:47

storm1 wrote:
I must be seeing things then cos i'm sure there is an RAF phoon parked next to a GAF EF2000 at Fairford.

see note in my 3rd post
Back to top Go down
philip44

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-20, 03:53

seeker33 wrote:
DD and DE at Fairford aren't they? What more do you want?

as a spotter/photographer what ever you want us to be on this forum AS MANY AIRCRAFT AS POSSIBLE at which ever airshow it is
how difficult is that to understand

this thread has just degenerated into a load of nonsense as does any other thread where any one dares to question why something does not happen
none of the arguments given for the none appearance at Fairford of these typhoons are worth anything

as they are simply stuck in a hanger all weekend
i will bet a pound to a pinch of salt the crews have been at fairford for the airshow

and before some of you know it alls jump back i don't care ,i stand by me belife that there is no valid reason that these 2 aircraft could not have been at fairford

end of disscusion/rant or what ever
Back to top Go down
EASEDALE1999

Spotter Watch Member : NO

PostSubject: GERMAN EF2000 EUROFIGHTER AT FAIRFORD ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-20, 05:50

The pilot told me he was departing fairford to go to Coningsby on Monday.

Just staying for the day.

Regards

Ian
Back to top Go down
madcat11

madcat11

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-20, 07:11

Quote :
our most important front line aircraft and not on view, except as a flying item which the majority at Fairford wont get a close look at

Most important????? Mmmmm. Don't see any Typhoons in Afghanistan or Iraq!!!!!

But hey, maybe I'm biased Laughing
Back to top Go down
gixrgill

gixrgill

PostSubject: typhoons ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-20, 07:42

Ive got to agree with madcat! they are not doing anything! i just see all that money, not being put to good use, not just for us spotters, but like the reds they pull the crowds, especially when flying, does anyone know why the spit/typhoon didnt display at fairford? they practised friday evening, but nothing was seen sat or sun. Whats the excuse oh we are still developing the envelope, that should have been done before they got delivered, whats the use of losing jaguars, harriers and tornadoes when they still arent ready for the job!
end of my rant lol
Back to top Go down
HaveQuick2

HaveQuick2

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-20, 09:51

This thread seems to have gone a bit TANGO UNIFORM! (unsurprisingly)

What happened to the Italian Typhoons?
Back to top Go down
milky01

milky01

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-20, 10:08

THEY ARE STILL HERE ,MISSION WITH 11SQN THIS AFTERNOON AS DARGO 1 & 2 .THEY ARE RETURNING TO ITALY LATE THIS AFTERNOON.

CHEERS KEVIN.
Back to top Go down
http://www.milky01.piczo.com
GOOSE
GOOSE

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty2009-07-20, 13:19

And with that out comes the padlock.

A lot of silly nonsense posted above, from people who are supposed to be adults. A shame.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY Empty

Back to top Go down

ITALIAN TYPHOONS 17 JULY

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Midlands :: RAF Coningsby -