New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

req YAM Elvington,14/7/09

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Mike s

Spotter Watch Member : NO

req YAM Elvington,14/7/09 Vide
PostSubject: req YAM Elvington,14/7/09 req YAM Elvington,14/7/09 Empty2009-07-15, 06:03

HI ALL
I was at YAM,Elvington and saw 8x Viking TX.1 Circuling near to the main hanger at 1319 can anybody id these,also noted at the museum was a pair of Tornado GR.1 Tails in outside storage,plus a wing from a USAF WWII Fighter in the main hanger,noted in the workshop is a jet provost simulator and a Victor simulator,
any help with tie ups would be much appreciated
regards
mike
Back to top Go down
Trembler111

Trembler111

Spotter Watch Member : No

req YAM Elvington,14/7/09 Vide
PostSubject: Re: req YAM Elvington,14/7/09 req YAM Elvington,14/7/09 Empty2009-09-29, 12:15

Mike,

The Gliders you saw may have been from one of the many Gliding airfields near by, also they operate Vigilants from Linton at the weekends with Cadets and Scholarships students.The Victor simulator has been there for a while now, there was tlak of getting it up and running for people to use and see but weather or not this is the case I am unsure, the same for the JP sim. The Two Nado tails I can only assume they are something to do with the two resident Nados on show there. The Wing in the main hanger has puzzled me ever since I saw it! No idea what it is from or what it is for!

Hope that Helps

Jamie
Back to top Go down

req YAM Elvington,14/7/09

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Demobbed :: Wrecks & Relics / Museums -