New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tue,Wed

View previous topic View next topic Go down
mark17

mark17

Tue,Wed Vide
PostSubject: Tue,Wed Tue,Wed Empty2009-07-04, 05:50

Hi all,
Im after a bit of advice please,

Ive been looking at the photos and reading the reports of how good Coningsby has been,so decided to throw a sickie Tue or Wed and travel down from Manchester.

I would love to catch the Eagles there playing with the Typhoons but i believe the Eagles are going home soon and also Ive just noticed that 6 typhoons have gone up to Scotland for an exercise,are there many typhoons left at Cby,i believe some are still away on tours somewhere,is it still worth a visit or would i be better saving my sickie day for later in the year?

Any help would be great

Many Thanks
Mark
Back to top Go down
b0nd08

b0nd08

Spotter Watch Member : No

Tue,Wed Vide
PostSubject: Re: Tue,Wed Tue,Wed Empty2009-07-04, 06:47

the other week i went there on a wednesday, i was told that it would be pretty dead by a few on here as one squadron just got back from turkey and another is only doing night flying. but i took the chance and went. it was busy all day with only about a 20min gap of no activity, it is one hell of a base to visit but you just dont know what will be happening untill you get there.
Back to top Go down
mark17

mark17

Tue,Wed Vide
PostSubject: Re: Tue,Wed Tue,Wed Empty2009-07-04, 06:53

Thanks for the reply mate.

I have been a few times and really enjoyed it,im just a bit worried about the lack of Typhoons there at the moment and its a fair trip from here,i wish i lived nearer a frontline base,instead of the UKs 3rd largest Airport!!

Thanks
Mark
Back to top Go down
seeker33

Tue,Wed Vide
PostSubject: Re: Tue,Wed Tue,Wed Empty2009-07-07, 14:17

There are still plenty of jets left on base. If the weather's good I'd give it a go. I'm a regular visitor and I find that 9/10 trips are worth it activity-wise. At least, I think they are anyway. My drive is not as long as yours, but it's still 100 miles each way. Best thing to do is to check up a day or two before you plan to come. If there are logs posted you'll get an idea of how many flights there have been.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tue,Wed Vide
PostSubject: Re: Tue,Wed Tue,Wed Empty

Back to top Go down

Tue,Wed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Midlands :: RAF Coningsby -