New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

road names?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
b0nd08

b0nd08

Spotter Watch Member : No

road names? Vide
PostSubject: road names? road names? Empty2009-06-23, 10:53

hi im hopefully heading up to cby tomorrow from ipswich, i havent drove there myself before but went once in april and have no idea where to go to be honest. if anyone could give me the name of the road where viewing area is and the name of the road where they come in to land over the road where they stop traffic that would be brilliant, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
PR9

PR9

road names? Vide
PostSubject: Re: road names? road names? Empty2009-06-23, 10:58

Hi,

The viewing area/BBMF is on Dogdyke Road (great name!). Continue further down the road (away from the BBMF, past the car park & towards the runway) to reach "the mound"
Post code LN4 4SY if using Sat Nav.
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

road names? Vide
PostSubject: Re: road names? road names? Empty2009-06-23, 11:45

Should be a sunny day tomorrow with a light wind from the East,so head for the BBMF-end and you'll see the mound with a large car park with a burger-van near it.
The other end of the runway is on the B1192(near New York).
HTH
Back to top Go down
Mark Owen

Mark Owen

road names? Vide
PostSubject: Re: road names? road names? Empty2009-06-23, 12:32

Hi.

Just a quick note to say it might be very quite tomorrow movement wise with 11 sqn not flying because they have just got back from Turkey and 29 sqn are night flying so the only squadron's you might see flying tomorrow is 41(R)sqn ( harriers ) and 3sqn like they have done to day and there also has been some visitors in to day so you might get some visitors in tomorrow hope that helps.

Regards.

Mark. Smile

Last edited by Mark Owen on 2009-06-23, 16:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
b0nd08

b0nd08

road names? Vide
PostSubject: Re: road names? road names? Empty2009-06-23, 13:25

thank you all for the info, typical that there wont be many movements, makes me wonder if its worth the long journey up there now Sad
Back to top Go down
TEEJ

road names? Vide
PostSubject: Re: road names? road names? Empty2009-06-23, 13:29

See the following.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1C1GGLS_en-GBGB324GB328&q=%20LN4%204SY&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/spotting/coningsby.html

TJ
Back to top Go down
Beefsteak

Beefsteak

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

road names? Vide
PostSubject: Re: road names? road names? Empty2009-06-23, 13:29

If you can then hang on till next Wednesday and catch some Eagles !! I shall hopefully get over, so we might bump into each other, and I can show you round .
Back to top Go down
b0nd08

b0nd08

road names? Vide
PostSubject: Re: road names? road names? Empty2009-06-23, 13:53

Beefsteak wrote:
If you can then hang on till next Wednesday and catch some Eagles !! I shall hopefully get over, so we might bump into each other, and I can show you round .

would love to but i only have this week off work and next monday, its all been a pain aswell as i dont trust my car to get up there so had to get insured on my parents car and use that lol
Back to top Go down
b0nd08

b0nd08

road names? Vide
PostSubject: Re: road names? road names? Empty2009-06-24, 12:08

it was busy as hell today! so many phoon movements i lost count, also harriers, tornados and a rather sexy visit from 2 lakenheath f15s. merlin too! will post pics when ive sorted them out. today was easily the best spotting day ive ever had
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

road names? Vide
PostSubject: Re: road names? road names? Empty

Back to top Go down

road names?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Midlands :: RAF Coningsby -