New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

virtual spotting !

View previous topic View next topic Go down
das

das

virtual spotting ! Vide
PostSubject: virtual spotting ! virtual spotting ! Empty2009-06-23, 09:43

what with all the cutbacks and spotting aircraft becoming increasingly sparse does anyone think that with the next generation flight sims there will be the capability to reproduce complete airbases and at any period of time you like ie 70s,80s etc with the relevant aircraft that were based there.i know it seems a bit far fetched but imagine visiting your favorite base in a virtual flight sim and watching aircraft taxing and taking off and landing,plus visitors buzzing.you could view from your favourite fence line,the pans,tower etc.sounds mad but i reckon it would be a good laugh and you could even put a parafin tilly lamp by your pc to recreate the that lovely avtar smell,mmmm.
Back to top Go down
glasfryn

glasfryn

Spotter Watch Member : no

virtual spotting ! Vide
PostSubject: Re: virtual spotting ! virtual spotting ! Empty2009-06-23, 11:17

This may sound a bit insane but I downloaded the Waddington scenery that has the Vulcans as AI aircraft....I then found a Vw transporter for fs9 and just drove around the outside of Wad watching them Take off etc...also brought Chivenor and Brawdy back to life with the 80's camo and the later grey Hawk schemes and did the same there as well,and the worrying thing is....I enjoyed it Embarassed ... I must get out more Roll Eyes
Back to top Go down
davem

davem

virtual spotting ! Vide
PostSubject: Re: virtual spotting ! virtual spotting ! Empty2009-06-23, 11:19

das wrote:
does anyone think that with the next generation flight sims there will be the capability to reproduce complete airbases and at any period of time you like ie 70s,80s etc with the relevant aircraft that were based there.

In a word, NO. But only because it's available already.... Big Grin If you've ever been to the UKMIL website (now sadly static and no longer developing) the Waddington scenery can be changed from modern day Sentinels, Nimrods and Sentries for a 1970s Vulcan Era with, well, Vulcans.... Their Leuchars scenery can be changed to have Phantoms swarming all over it instead of F3s, and I think that there are flying Victors and Lightnings for a couple of other 'Era' updates that are out there but I think these were member only files.

The scenery guys from UKMIL now run a site called the "Airfield Construction Group" and they should be able to help further if you want to change your FS from modern day to historic and vice versa.

das wrote:
you could even put a parafin tilly lamp by your pc to recreate the that lovely avtur smell, mmmm.

I can even have that if I want as our fuel oil boilerhouse can be smelled from our lounge window where I'm sat Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.equinesinaction.co.uk
Sponsored content

virtual spotting ! Vide
PostSubject: Re: virtual spotting ! virtual spotting ! Empty

Back to top Go down

virtual spotting !

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Flight Sim & Modelling Section :: Flight Sim Section -